PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Genetry Solar new f...

Notifications
Clear all

Genetry Solar new forum is black back ground and hard to read

56 Posts
6 Users
14 Likes
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar 

yes, the internet is full of people promoting inferior products as the latest and greatest (scammers).. and are authorities of nothing

claiming to use only the best and functioning better, but sadly I still find most China-made products to be of inferior poor quality,,, 

especially their tools,,,,

buyer beware

do the research ,,,, ask lots of questions

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dickson Yes, I had to get a new eBay account after reporting one of the scammer resellers...

eBay and Paypal bots are designed to make the most money for eBay and Paypal >>> not to help the poor buyer who is being scammed...

dickson reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

eBay and Paypal bots are designed to make the most money for eBay and Paypal >>> not to help the poor buyer who is being scammed.

I  filed  4  not delivered inverter ( weight over 100 pounds ) disputes against one ebay seller  who say it was delivered to my mail box with an empty envelope  .  Ebay allow the first 3 to be refunded by paypal credit  and  then ebay say the invoice is lost for the  fourth inverter when ebay cancelled the seller account  and then the bank do not refund but Jack sent the last inverter .  Early  I try to sue ebay but my lawyer say there  is nothing  he can do to file charge against any seller from China or against ebay or paypal or the bank .  The lawyer say talk to the seller  which is Jack .  

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @pilgrimvalley

Posted by: @notmario

The toroidal transformers are fairly unusual in and of themselves, let alone the countless variations of control boards they've used over the years.

Actually, the toroidal transformers in LF low-frequency inverters are not at all rare and unusual

you can find them for sale from several different sellers on Aliexpress and Alibababa >>>>for about 400 dollars each in quantity of 5 or so for the 6000-watt toroidal inverters can be purchased.

the more you buy the cheaper they are.

if you buy 100 they will customize with your logo or brand name..... lots of rebranders from different sellers/ manufacturing companies...

just search for them and you will find them...

Powerjack does not sell on Alibaba or aliexpress....much if at all

the other style the u-shape is also readily available in the LF low-frequency inverter varieties...

the claim is that the toroidal shape transformer is more efficient but the u shape one is easier and less costly to wind...

I like the Yiyan-type inverter without any extra things to malfunction...

the heavy iron core of the transformer is what makes the LF inverter so heavy....

the inverter gets hot in the conversion going through the transformer so extra fan cooling is utilized in consumer-size inverter transformers....vs oil cooling in very large industrial transformers

electrical energy is wasted in heat due to the resistance of current flow...

copper windings are more efficient but cost more....

that is why they use cheaper enameled aluminum wire in the small consumer-size LF inverters although some claim to use copper wire...

cheaper is not better;;; just cheaper for the seller to make.

aluminum wire windings require larger diameter windings due to the increased resistance of aluminum vs the superior copper windings... but copper weighs more so shipping weight goes up also...

The toroidal transformers are unusual in mainstream inverters. I didn't say you couldn't find all manner of products that have them in there.
But if you were to go to a bunch of off-grid houses, what you'd usually find in the inverter would not be a toroidal transformer. The same if you were to search for "Inverter" on amazon -- most of the products would not have toroidal cores. Those of us on this forum are probably more along the line of "power users" so we'll see the less common variants. (AKA, using alibaba for inverters is not something the typical householder would do!)
Turns out the toroidal shape is actually fairly inefficient to package when compared with a E or U core transformer - and probably more difficult to wind, too.

Ironically, the fact that you don't see their stuff on Alibaba is evidence that they're not a reseller - they're a manufacturer that mainly sells to resellers.

The fact of the matter is, powerjacks (and their derivatives) are not reseller inverters. You've heard it straight from the horses mouth here since sid has worked with them.
There are lots of people on youtube saying things that are wrong - the idea that powerjack is just a reseller is one of them. Powerjack makes [their own] cheap-ass, variable quality, economy inverters - in my mind, the evidence is plain as day.

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

yes ,, I agree they are built with cheap Chinese components to sell to internet buyers in volume cheap (Powerjack) 

that is the lure with overhyped specifications.... a cheap LF inverter with free shipping often a bonus....

I would say most of the mainstream LF inverter consumers and most people avoid the Powerjack brand due to their bad publicity.

so steering clear of them (PowerJack) should help the "genetry solar" name in the future....  

yes,  Sean and Sid said they talked via Skype to them (I read that)... but now they have new Chinese companies they buy parts from due to non-shipment of the pre-paid orders from the Powerjack company

Mr Ed was a talking horse🤣

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

Mr Ed was a talking horse🤣

Of course.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

yes,  Sean and Sid said they talked via Skype to them (I read that)...

Not just "talked via Skype"...keep in mind that Sean was actually employed by Power Jack for several years as the official North American Power Jack inverter repair center.  That provided a completely unique "inside" view of how their business model works, a perspective that effectively no one else has.

This is why I put up such a strong response to obviously clueless nonsense about PJ from those that haven't even "talked with Jack on Skype."

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar Yes I understand Sean Genetry did repair work for Powerjack but that did not stop them from screwing him over on the prepaid preorders....

I sent Sean Genetry the 1st 20,000-watt 48-volt inverter 160-plus pound bowling ball to be shipped to the USA that came damaged due to piss poor packaging....they replaced it but paid to ship it 3 times...(in the year 2020 I think)

it is the advertising Sean Genetry did on his early YouTube videos that is why I bought the el cheapo Powerjack auction inverters on eBay (((for the eBay seller disguised under any number of names who routinely disappear and reappear with the same ad as a new seller...)))

I have chatted with them also but have no direct knowledge of their possible factory setup....(I have no plans to ever visit here either)

they have offered to send me inverters at a discount that need to be fixed but I do not need that headache...

I was just repeating the things from another person which does show some reason for their company running itself into the ground (Powerjack and its reseller clan)

Obviously, you still realize the problems they make for the end consumers....

as you said it is impossible to sue the China factory or Taiwan or wherever they claim to be,,,,

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

This is why I put up such a strong response to obviously clueless nonsense about PJ from those that haven't even "talked with Jack on Skype."

I  saw old youtube of Sean that the video do not exist now that Sean was actually employed by Power Jack for several years as the official North American Power Jack inverter repair center. The old video show Sean garage  full of Ver 9  Powerjack inverter ,  He say he make a lots of money selling the Powerjack ver9  and Jack send him a shipment every month .   One time Sean say 200 boxes in his garage .  I have one ver9 Powerjack  that will run my 4ton heat pump out of the box from Walnut sold by Jack .  Jack was the one who design Ver10.3 with a different  MCU instead of the CPU in ver9.0 . This  mess up the WIFI board for all  Powerjack ver10.3 and ver11.0 and ver11.1 and ver11.3  and  Sean stop selling for Jack but continue to do repair  until  GS6kw  went on sale  .   

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

the bowling ball was sent to the garage attached to the mobile home in Lansing, Michigan....

it is amazing that the outcome occurred as Sean was predicting>>>> them to act like bowling balls in the old YouTube videos which are probably as Dickson says now deleted from YouTube....the poorly packed and heavy toroidal transformers...

but I have also specifically watched the delivery drivers drop these heavy boxes in my own driveway....

the high-frequency inverters are coming out with higher capabilities, are able to do split phase,  and do the additive function (((parallel multiple inverters for more power etc,,,)))when you need more power but I have not tried that method yet...

and offer MPPT solar charge controllers etc,,,,

I still like the separate component methods though...

without all the extra things that is just more fluff to malfunction or not function correctly....

just got done sweeping some snow off the solar PV panels....darn cold out there with the wind...

the USA importers will have to compete against the low-wage exporters....

minimum wage was increased in 20 states above the federal minimum wage for 2024,>>>>so labor will cost all businesses more in the USA...

the newer Powerjack inverters seem to have a soft start function to help the electronics some...

Jack may still be a Jill🤣

Helen claimed to not work for Powerjack when I made a claim about the problematic orders; but later was selling stuff again so believe what you choose...

Helen and Jack are the two primary contacts on Skype...

if the seller/reseller chooses to not give you answers for months on end about not shipping the orders >>>> that should give the clueless a clue!!!!

even Mr Ed does not talk out of his hind end!!!🤣🤣

This post was modified 4 months ago by pilgrimvalley

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar

Sean was actually employed by Power Jack for several years as the official North American Power Jack inverter repair center.

yes, he was and I actually received a couple inverters with the famous girls with the genetry solar sticker on the manual, the manual rarely had anything even close to matching the shipped inverter (essentially) sending old manuals with no real useful information in them...

but that "official North American Power Jack inverter repair center" arrangement went south when they started to try to outsource the work or found it not to be a profit maker... not sure, but shortly after the wifi board origin >>>  they (Powerjack) specifically changed the inverter case design to make it almost impossible to add the newly crafted "genetry solar" wifi boards...

along with redesigning of the PowerJack interior inverter's boards etc..., rearranging the wiring etc...

maybe they (Powerjack) did not care for the employee being a competitor of any sort???? and decided to fire him... or use other ways to control costs??? (decrease costs)

I know Sean repetitively complained in his YouTube videos about all the time he was spending talking on the phone to Powerjack customers

so perhaps it became a better arrangement to not talk or work for them (Powerjack)...

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

"wes that tech guy" >>> also went down the road of importing inverters with his customization.... not sure if he is still selling the imported inverters under his company or not.....

he also had a 12k inverter years ago being imported and some other sizes of heavy LF inverters

the "wes that tech guy' 12k inverter/charger weighs 200 pounds and is shipped by freight, offers optional solar charging by mppt etc. "solargeni" is the brand name I think for "wes that tech guy" products. 3500 dollars so you are in the price ballpark with them

This post was modified 4 months ago 2 times by pilgrimvalley

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

the "wes that tech guy' 12k inverter/charger weighs 200 pounds and is shipped by freight, offers optional solar charging by mppt etc. "solargeni" is the brand name I think for "wes that tech guy" products. 3500 dollars so you are in the price ballpark with them

The old imported inverters sold by  his company is no longer available  and look like a square Powerjack box .  He now own Solargenie and sell the 12kw inverter/charger  for 3500 dollars  and  MPPT is extra cost if you want it .   The fine print say sigineer made it for him to sell online ,  IT has ATS for battery charging ,  IT has a 15 seconds delay to make sure the inverter is not chargung the same battery that is running the house like Sean done on  deleted Youtube .   Wes say do not charge the same battery that is runnng a load . The battery should run the load OR is charge by the inverter but  NOT do both  or bad thing will happen .  

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @dickson

The battery should run the load OR is charge by the inverter but  NOT do both  or bad thing will happen . 

Nonsense.

You can apply charge to a battery that is under load by a separate inverter.  That's how off-grid systems work: MPPT is "charging" batteries that are "under load" by the inverter.  All day every day.

If the charge amount exceeds the load amount, excess power will flow into the battery and be stored.  If the charge amount is less than the load amount, enough power to make up the difference will flow out of the battery into the load.

Basic electricity.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

I know MPPT can charge a battery while the inverter is running .    Wes say one inverter can charge  the battery it is using in ATS but that same inverter can not be running the load at it ouput at the same time  . The input from the grid or generator is charging the battery  but the inverter output is off and the load is running from the  inverter input .   Wes gave his inverter 15 seconds to make sure  the  oiutput relay  is off when the input is charging the battery so not backfeed the inverter when charging the battery .  15 seconds is a long time to make sure there is no backfeeding to the inverter output when charging from the input .    No other inverter delay the ATS that long to check for backfeeding .  

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4