PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Genetry Solar new f...

Notifications
Clear all

Genetry Solar new forum is black back ground and hard to read

56 Posts
6 Users
14 Likes
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

other forums allow the person to edit posts for unlimited time....

I do not know if Genetry Solar fixed this issue in the new forum or not, but it only allowed a small amount of time to edit one's posts....

John Daniel says that Powerjack is actually a reseller and another larger company actually manufactures the Powerjack inverter products...

perhaps this has caused some of the Powerjack woes of recent times also....

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @pilgrimvalley

other forums allow the person to edit posts for unlimited time....

This is purposely disallowed here, as when a user blanks out all of their posts years after the fact, it makes the thread impossible to follow and/or useless.  Doesn't happen often, but it does.

John Daniel says that Powerjack is actually a reseller and another larger company actually manufactures the Powerjack inverter products...

perhaps this has caused some of the Powerjack woes of recent times also....

Then John Daniel must not know much about Power Jack.  They unquestionably manufacture their own inverters; they are not a reseller (although they do white label their inverters for multiple other resellers).

Both Sean and I have had real Skype video call tours of the Power Jack factories...from the fancy multistory one, to the not-quite-so-fancy shed before we had to quit on PJ due to them failing to produce our order.

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar the fancy multistory factory may have belonged to someone else???  could be Jack was a Jill and it was all a fake >>>> a Skype call does not mean they were not in someone else's place. but obviously, they later showed you some poor-quality digs.... just speculation on my part as I will never go to communist China for a visit....

presently they continue to run their scams on eBay and just keep changing the eBay sellers >>>> that has to say a lot as they have deep-dived into a very unreputable seller ((( and who knows what the true story is..... )))

when I make a typing error which I do regularly as poor eyesight and 1 finger typing do not get along,,,,, as I read what I write after the fact >>> I often find typing errors that I want to correct...

I look to other vendors ( vs Powerjack) and try to improve the long-term prospect of the equipment functionality...

but my 15k Powerjack and some others are still working without issues.... just no longer trust the eBay scammers.... after waiting 6 months for the delayed delivery and having to go thru eBay and the credit card company for the delay refund....

building from a gazillion different unproven Chinese companies is sure to be the biggest nightmare in the world ..... 

Santan Solar has 50-dollar 290-watt 72-cell PV panels presently (Trina brand). I bought 60 of those before the end of 2023....

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

but my 15k Powerjack and some others are still working without issues.... just no longer trust the eBay scammers.... after waiting 6 months for the delayed delivery and having to go thru eBay and the credit card company for the delay refund...

I am using my 30kw Powerjack  to keep the patio warm .  All my Powerjack are still working .  I no longer trust  Ebay scammer and Ebay dispute robot  and  Paypal Credit bank .  All 3  are working together to not give refund .  I  won a 2 boxes 25kw Powerjack  in February 2023 auction for 500 dollars .   My dispute to Paypal credit bank was deny because Ebay robot  say  Solarpower USA  delivery to my mailbox is  done and close my case in September  and no refund .   I see that Solarpower USA no longer sell on Ebay .  I told Jack that I buy many inverter on Ebay since 2018  and I  finally recieve the 25kw Powerjack last month . I was surprise  Jack did the right thing .  

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dickson Yes, the cheap eBay Powerjack inverters on auction were the lure.

Sean used to advertise for them in his YouTube videos,,, before they started scamming him and made it impossible to sell his wifi boards or complete the inverter orders that people prepaid.....almost the same as paying an eBay scam seller and waiting months for nothing to arrive... then having to go thru the automated system without any recourse.... lucky the credit card company came to the rescue as Paypal and eBay were useless against the fraudsters

essentially all of the scammers I reported disappeared and new replacement scam sellers appeared with other fake positive ratings for selling clothes and such ,, not inverters...

the credit card company refunded the money to me except for one I lost the points used to pay for part of the order not received and the points were never returned to me.... so I lost about 30 bucks of my rewards points there.,

I have been testing out a new version HF 3200-watt cnswipower 24-volt inverter for the last 60 days it has about 9 watts idle draw (standby) and is 93 percent efficient and very quiet...

This post was modified 4 months ago by pilgrimvalley

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

lucky the credit card company came to the rescue as Paypal and eBay were useless against the fraudsters

Time has change where Ebay and Paypal and  the credit card bank use AI  and  robot to amswer dispute amd not pay the buyer if too many dispute are filed .  Youtube show that seller will have their account  close and cancelled  by Ebay if more than 3 buyers  filed dispute in one month against a seller .   Amazon now use AI and will not pay buyer who filed too many disputes .  

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Here's funny facts. Power Jack is not a inverter company. It's originally a company that made antennas in Hong Kong. They "resell" Inverters, 2 way radios and aquarium products. So you can get a awesome power Jack inverter typically made by Goshen Guongzu Electric, or one like most made by a soldering shop in Vietnam. I have a power Jack 500 watt true sine inverter, 7+ years running and not one fail.

that is what John daniels said of powerjack....

if you notice all the new replacement power jack ebay resellers they have positive rating selling other stuff,,,, so jack may still be a jill

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

if you notice all the new replacement power jack ebay resellers they have positive rating selling other stuff,,,, so jack may still be a jill

Ebay and Paypal  robot will  close and cancel the seller account if more than 3 disputes for non delivery are refunded in one month .   Powerjack seller just have to change the seller name on ebay and do the same thing  again and again .   Now Ebay and Paypal will delete my invoice and the bank credit compamy will not pay the buyer either  .   Now the buyer and the seller are scam  by the AI (Artificial Intelligence  really no intelligence) robot .   The phone are answer by robot like Sean say on youtube .  

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Here's funny facts. Power Jack is not a inverter company. It's originally a company that made antennas in Hong Kong. They "resell" Inverters, 2 way radios and aquarium products. So you can get a awesome power Jack inverter typically made by Goshen Guongzu Electric, or one like most made by a soldering shop in Vietnam. I have a power Jack 500 watt true sine inverter, 7+ years running and not one fail.

that is what John daniels said of powerjack....

Yada yada yada.....

Anyone can say anything they want on the Internet...but just because someone said something doesn't mean they're an authority on it.  Now, it's possible that seven years PJ was an inverter reseller--but that is unequivocally not the case at least in the past 4-5 years.

Heck, I remember when they had a lot of customer issues due to a transformer supplier who made a run of transformers with bad internal crimps (a lot of failed inverters resulted from that)--so they fired the supplier, bought their own transformer winding machine, and in-housed that part of the process.  At one point, Jack was even talking about acquiring an SMD pick-and-place machine so they could assemble their own PCBs.

One thing that is an absolute fact that both Sean and I can vouch for with a full guarantee: Power Jack makes their OWN inverters.  They are not a reseller; they are the OEM of their own products.  (It's trivially easy to identify a reseller ["trading company"] in China.)

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The Chinese often have false advertising or inflate what their product can do.... it seems to be their pride to screw the consumer over

this is evident in all the Powerjack stuff and the other brands that are the exact same style with a different brand... being sold on eBay

at least three of the sellers reseller what ever you try to claim them to be use exactly the same wording in their advertisements; 

Helen claimed to quit working for Powerjack and Jack and or Helen are the names who sometimes will reply via the problem of the seller reseller on eBay.

their scam is to hold the money long enough and with the robotic replies on eBay and Paypal it has become more difficult to get the money back from these scammers...

your dealing with these scammers may vary,,, such as never sending the product many months later with all kinds of excuses...

if you send wire or anything other than the credit card payment you will be hard-pressed to get your money back... only the naive would pay that way

Genetry Solar had many months of being run through the scammer wringer and had to so-call fire them for never sending the inverter products...

if they are such a real company and not just a scammer with a fake store front >>>> my question is why did they choose to scam everyone?????

do you think the video was real or just a video call in some other company's production site.... I personally opt for thinking the latter; as it is obvious you have never set foot in their production facilities if they actually own any???

they can ship containers full of stuff into various warehouses scattered across the USA and offer faulty junk that no one cares to repair anymore due to being scammed...

they have routinely run their Powerjack brand name into the ground..

When Genetry Solar thought they were going to do an upgrade with a wifi board >>>> Powerjack quit making the cut out on the cases so new inverter styles were no longer compatible... etc yada yada yada

It is kind of hard to believe anything coming out of the Powerjack and various rebranded reseller names on eBay.... green power, u-power  etc what a bunch of overhyped product advertising 

eBay customer service is a robot as is PayPal and they are only in it for the money!!!! very had to actually talk to them on the phone...

if it was not for my credit card company returning the money >>>> I doubt I would have ever got the money returned due to the eBay scam sales from Powerjack seller resellers....

the scammers just make an ew name and account on eBay with the same ads...

for months the scam was hidden on the YouTube videos >>>> hoping they might get their money back or the product might actually get shipped.... hope no one gets scammed so much anymore!!!! via the Jack may be a Jill eBay scammers...

Photoshop and many programs can now put anyone's face on anything....I directly saw this done by a graphic artist in December 2023...

Sean Genetrry used to advertise that Powerjack inverters could be bought cheaper on eBay.... evidently that was just his innocence after being held up by the exact same scammers...

it would be difficult to be a seller on ebay with so many scams...

advertising on YouTube is a farce unless you have 50000 viewers/  subscribers,,, and then they can still take your videos down to minimal views by changing the algorithm...

the big YouTube channels are really into selling things and do the reviews so they can ultimately sell you something whether it I good or junk....

that is why there are now several other competing websites to publish the home-produced videos on...

I have been testing a high-frequency inverter in a 24-volt variety that will run 3200 watts... and it is working great (but is not a Powerjack) It is the cnswipower brand and is reported to have a 9 watt idle draw... think it costs about 240 dollars including delivery...they are sold on eBay, Amazon, and direct from China on Aliexpress etc...

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

eBay customer service is a robot as is PayPal and they are only in it for the money!!!! very hard to actually talk to them on the phone...if it was not for my credit card company returning the money >>>> I doubt I would have ever got the money returned due to the eBay scam sales from Powerjack seller resellers....

I call ebay and the robot ask what the order number and find it was my dispute and hang up .   I call paypal credit  and  the robot  say dispute are handle by synchrony bank .  I call synchrony bank and a real person answer  and say  can not find invoice .  The person read a script that tell me to wait 60 days to investigate .   After 60 days I call again and synchrony people tell me to wait  another 60  days .   After another 60 days delay paypal credit say the seller is gone from ebay and no invoice and case closed .   Stupid ebay and paypal and synchrony bank  steal my 500 dollars .   Jack probably feel sorry for me and sent  me the 2 boxes 25kw Upower inverter selling for 1999  which is better than the powerjack inverter .  I do not know why Jack scam GS  so bad  but maybe it is  Jill or Jelly . 

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

I was going to say, one thing is for certain... powerjack is not simply an inverter reseller.

While there are countless brands of the powerjack inverters (clone vs rebrand, who knows?), they are distinct from any other inverters i've seen in the market.
The toroidal transformers are fairly unusual in and of themselves, let alone the countless variations of control boards they've used over the years.

In reality, powerjack seems to be one of the few distinct inverter companies, similar to sigineer (i think it's sigineer) in that you know when you see one - even if it's not branded powerjack, you can tell -- it's powerjack. For better or for worse.
It's somewhat ironic, but this distinctivity may be the root of why someone would say they are a reseller - when, in fact, they are the original, and the others are resellers/rebrands/clones.

I also find it hilarious to say "The Chinese" love the screw over their customers.
I'm sorry... but this is a patently absurd read of the situation. The chinese have their own issues with scammers as does the USA.
Of the vendors that i have dealt with directly ... there is no question that the chinese ones are the most accommodating by far. Politics aside, it's no wonder the Chinese a wiping the floor with the USA in the tech sector - it's not just IP theft or whatever, it's their business ethic.

This post was modified 4 months ago 4 times by NotMario

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@notmario yes the ip theft is rampant,,, copycat cloning with inferior pieces and parts,,,,

of course they want to sell stuff it is always amazing how cheap they sell things for....

but I have found that the quality or quality control is lacking,,,

Powerjack is notorious for poor packaging and things arriving with all kinds of shipping damage.... but they did replace the damaged inverter....

I suspect they put a claim against the shipper FedEx or UPS and made out like bandits... who knows....but paying to ship it 3 times in the USA can not be profitable...

but then again I have bought 160 pounders (48-volt LF toroidal inverters) that arrived without issues for 700 bucks....

no one can make it and pay the shipping for those low prices.....

shipping in the USA is over 1 dollar per pound...

vs 3000 plus shipping for other ones....

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @notmario

While there are countless brands of the powerjack inverters (clone vs rebrand, who knows?), they are distinct from any other inverters i've seen in the market.
The toroidal transformers are fairly unusual in and of themselves, let alone the countless variations of control boards they've used over the years.

In reality, powerjack seems to be one of the few distinct inverter companies, similar to sigineer (i think it's sigineer) in that you know when you see one - even if it's not branded powerjack, you can tell -- it's powerjack. For better or for worse.
It's somewhat ironic, but this distinctivity may be the root of why someone would say they are a reseller - when, in fact, they are the original, and the others are resellers/rebrands/clones.

Makes sense ;-).

Worth noting: Power Jack white-labels their inverters under multiple different names and with different powder-coated shells (they even gave us a palette of available colors to pick from!)  They're still the OEM.

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @notmario

Actually, the toroidal transformers in LF low-frequency inverters are not at all rare and unusual

you can find them for sale from several different sellers on Aliexpress and Alibababa >>>>for about 400 dollars each in quantity of 5 or so for the 6000-watt toroidal inverters can be purchased.

the more you buy the cheaper they are.

if you buy 100 they will customize with your logo or brand name..... lots of rebranders from different sellers/ manufacturing companies...

just search for them and you will find them...

Powerjack does not sell on Alibaba or aliexpress....much if at all

the other style the u-shape is also readily available in the LF low-frequency inverter varieties...

the claim is that the toroidal shape transformer is more efficient but the u shape one is easier and less costly to wind...

I like the Yiyan-type inverter without any extra things to malfunction...

the heavy iron core of the transformer is what makes the LF inverter so heavy....

the inverter gets hot in the conversion going through the transformer so extra fan cooling is utilized in consumer-size inverter transformers....vs oil cooling in very large industrial transformers

electrical energy is wasted in heat due to the resistance of current flow...

copper windings are more efficient but cost more....

that is why they use cheaper enameled aluminum wire in the small consumer-size LF inverters although some claim to use copper wire...

cheaper is not better;;; just cheaper for the seller to make.

aluminum wire windings require larger diameter windings due to the increased resistance of aluminum vs the superior copper windings... but copper weighs more so shipping weight goes up also...

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4