PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Genetry Solar new f...

Notifications
Clear all

Genetry Solar new forum is black back ground and hard to read

56 Posts
6 Users
14 Likes
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Wes new inverter are made by Sigineer with UL Listings but his design modifications .   He no longer sell his old prototype inverter that look like  Powerjack .   UL listings and permit and transfer switch  are required  for solar .  Not too many people was allowed to do what they  was doing  after  telling them to KMA .   

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dickson yes,,, be careful not to let them (the local authorities with jurisdiction) see the bootleg unapproved inverters....

I keep the door secured most of the time... so they can not enter easily...

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Sigineer is a long-time inverter business/manufacturer and likely has multiple folks designing and improving their designs to be UL-approved for the USA markets...

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

I am very careful not to let them (the local authorities with jurisdiction) see the bootleg unapproved inverters..  The city manager and permit inspector  told me the non UL Listed inverter must be off grid and not be connected to the main service  and out of sight from the front street and no noise after 10 pm .   I can use extension cord  only and the solar panel must not be visible from the street .   The utility did inspect why my electric bill is almost nothing and change the smart meter .   The city manager say non UL listed inverter may backfeed the utilty grid and may cause a fire by the battery  that will burn down the whole neighborhood .  The utility inspector and city inspector did not find any solar connection  and my solar system passed  2 years ago .   

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@dickson I would think it would be a major liability for an inverter seller to have YouTube videos promoting hooking into the grid illegally....

even after the fact if a fire burned someone's property down due to a dum inverter seller's bad advice.... or bad demonstrations on YouTube....

those videos are in the cloud forever....

I used to save YouTube videos but have not lately

but the legal law system will make & decide that argument as the lawyers all profit...🤔

I had a tenant burn a double-wide modular and disappeared but hard to collect from a poor turnip... even though they did repetitive fire damage in other places. I found out after the fact....

convenient how they were supposedly not home...

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I think Sean should go back to working for PowerJack as that was likely at least making him a lot of money before....

using the prepay has not worked out very well for the continuous parts changing and ever-increasing cost of the DIY GS inverters with multiple sources of Chinese parts business...IMO

they say Powerjack can wind the toroid cores and make the cases etc cheaper so maybe they could have more time to fix their business model with more development time....

always hard to compete with Chinese intellectual theft as there is no way to sue the pants off the thieves from China...🤔🤔

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

IT seem that USA law do not allow  small business in the USA to compete with China  export company .  Jack can ship 1000 Powerjack in a 40 feet container for 1 dollar and 50 cent shipping each  and a small export tax and  no import tax .  USA import company have to pay maybe ten thousand  dollars for huge import duty and  storage fee  and  ocean shipping  to make just 40 LF inverters .  Wes the tech guy can have Sigineer make  one hundred   12kw inverters  and save 10000 dollar and not pay import tax and maybe 1 dollars  per inverter by ocean shipping with  2000 Sigineer inverters in a 40 feet shipping  container .   

ReplyQuote
(@steve)
Estimable Member

Aluminum windings are used over copper for a few reasons

The aluminum is much cheaper and lighter allowing much larger windings 

The larger windings more than make up for the reduced conductivity of the aluminum while spreading the heat over a larger area and still weigh less than the copper equivalent would be 

ReplyQuote
(@lener)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @dickson

but my 15k Powerjack and some others are still working without issues.... just no longer trust the eBay scammers.... after waiting 6 months for the delayed delivery and having to go thru eBay and the credit card company for the delay refund...

I am using my 30kw Powerjack  to keep the patio warm .  All my Powerjack are still working .  I no longer trust  Ebay scammer and Ebay dispute robot  and  Paypal Credit bank .  All 3  are working together to not give refund .  I  won a 2 boxes 25kw Powerjack  in February 2023 auction for 500 dollars .   My dispute to Paypal credit bank was deny because Ebay robot  say  Solarpower USA  delivery to my mailbox is  done and close my case in September  and no refund .   I see that Solarpower USA no longer sell on Ebay .  I told Jack that I buy many inverter on Ebay since 2018  and I  finally recieve the 25kw Powerjack last month . I was surprise  Jack did the right thing .  

ReplyQuote
(@lener)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @dickson

but my 15k Powerjack and some others are still working without issues.... just no longer trust the eBay scammers.... after waiting 6 months for the delayed delivery and having to go thru eBay and the credit card company for the delay refund...

I am using my 30kw Powerjack  to keep the patio warm .  All my Powerjack are still working .  I no longer trust  Ebay scammer and Ebay dispute robot  and  Paypal Credit bank .  All 3  are working together to not give refund .  I  won a 2 boxes 25kw Powerjack  in February 2023 auction for 500 dollars .   My dispute to Paypal credit bank was deny because Ebay robot  say  Solarpower USA  delivery to my mailbox is  done and close my case in September  and no refund .   I see that Solarpower USA no longer sell on Ebay .  I told Jack that I buy many inverter on Ebay since 2018  and I  finally recieve the 25kw Powerjack last month . I was surprise  Jack did the right thing .  ……

I won and paid for this inverter for long time unfortunately I have yet ever get the inverter, EBay solution is for me dispute with my bank, I noticed that you had the same issue. How did you manage to get your inverter., do you have contact  .? All those Powerjack EBay posting are the same vendor, with the postings description are verbatim the same exact wording .

any help will be appreciated!

Jan 14, 2024
Can someone please help me understand what is going on with my order, It was my understanding the inverter was shipped out since September first but the tracking number is yet to be registered with the USPS.when can I get what I paid for. I noticed a third delivery changed for April, this really a joke. These inverter are mass produced and store at walnut California .all those posting on EBay are the vendor with multiple names , the verbiage description are identical the same words for words.Please I want my order to be delivered.Thank you
12:04 PM
Nov 16, 2023
Where is my inverter.??USPS Tracking®Tracking Number:LR071011721CNCopy Add to Informed DeliveryLabel Created, not yet in systemA status update is not yet available on your package. It will be available when the shipper provides an update or the package is given to USPS. Check back soon.
12:11 PM
Nov 4, 2023
Any update on the shipping for this item?Thank you.
8:29 PM
Oct 28, 2023
Good dayI am following up on this item, the USPS do not have any detail information on the shipping. (was this was ever actually shipped?Tracking detailsNumber LR071011721CNThank you.
1:13 PM
Okay Noted!Thanks.
9:46 AM
Jul 10, 2023
Hi SirTks for payment for the inverter, the lead time will be JULY.31, by ocean to usa sea port on SEP.04, then UPS to your hand on SEP.10, the
This post was modified 3 months ago by Lener

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

EBay solution is for me dispute with my bank, I noticed that you had the same issue. How did you manage to get your inverter., do you have contact  .?

Ebay know that dispute with the bank will do no good after 90 days . I try to have my lawyer sue Ebay to get my refund but the lawyer say solarpower-usa  is in China and no way to file for refund . The lawyer say talk to the seller of Powerjack in China .   I do have conbtact in China and Jack send me the 25kw Powerjack inverter December 2023 that I bought in February .  solarpower-usa no longer exist  so Ebay or the bank or Paypal will NOT do anymore  for you .  Jack scam Genetry Solar so  I  do not know if Jack woll do anything for you .  Sorry that many buyers got scam by Ebay AI rtobot . 

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4