PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Sid Battery Balancers.

257 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Trying out a one sided aluminum PCB from JLCPCB for a 4S 12v interface board to mount Sid's balancers.  There is a discount for these aluminum boards so giving them a shot.  Just a Rev1 of it so if doesn't work out I have a backup design ready with a normal PCB.  This setup isn't really suited for the 16S folks but seemed like an easy setup for 12V folks.  I don't see many standalone wifi balancers out there so if this works out might be some people that want this besides me.  I have My bank is split up so I have a need for a few of these right away.  My current build works but is definitely dev.  I did a quick test with an aluminum plate and thin pcb then mounted a heat sink to the back for a mosfet and it was transferring heat really well so this might be a handy way to to do this for a more modular setup.

Balancer_Interface.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I don't like this fourm, its all a bunch of gobbley guk and the format is so bad its not even funny.

Anyhow, since I take it our inbox of message didn't transfer, I lost the mailing addy to the person who was going to make up the balancers I had to a heatsink and all the wireing since I can't solder at all.  I found 7 Ion balancer that will need to be switched to the LFO setting and I think one of them is already set at that as I had 3 more LFO ones but only two of them that wasn't screwed up.  One of them I actually did get to work and I had another that I lost and have yet found.  anyhow.  I got 8 of them as far as I know 7 of them needs to be switch to the other setting.  I also included the connectors I use to quick connect wires.  Will need the Positive wire to have at least one knot in the wire so I know which one is hot and which one isn't.

Anyhow Message me with you Mailing addy and I can ship this out as I got it already packaged and waiting for a label.

ReplyQuote
Page 18 / 18