PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

What is the micro c...

Notifications
Clear all

What is the micro controller in a MakeSkyBlue MPPT?

138 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@jack-babashoff-jr)

I just bought a 100 amp solar controller which was supposed to be a Make Sky Blue but it says Bettsun instead. There is a sticker on the side that says MSB and it says MSB on the box but is says Bettsun on the unit itself.  Did I get duped with a knockoff? Are Bettsun and MSB connected at all?

ReplyQuote
(@ellcon123)
Eminent Member

I didn't know MSB made a 100A model. Some pics, especially the inside, would help with identifying.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @jack-babashoff-jr
I just bought a 100 amp solar controller which was supposed to be a Make Sky Blue but it says Bettsun instead. There is a sticker on the side that says MSB and it says MSB on the box but is says Bettsun on the unit itself. Did I get duped with a knockoff? Are Bettsun and MSB connected at all?

I can't say for sure, not being affiliated with either company...but it's possible that MSB switched to relabeling BettSun stuff, as all of the MSB units have had a "BettSun" labeled main processor for several years now.

A 100A MSB has been noised for several years now...but we have yet to see an actual one.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 10