PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Powering Up my Genetry Solar 12K

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@davidh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello Everyone!

Officially, I powered up my inverter last week, with the help of Sid!

Sid provided the correct & safe  power up & power down procedures. We used an electric dryer as the first test, which drew a constant 40% of the GS 12K.

The only glitches were due to my 4P16S Li-Ion battery being out of spec as the voltage being too high.

Sean cleared the purchase, Sid cleared the purchase, I purchased, and Sid helped during my initial power up to increase the acceptable high end voltage alarm since the inverter can handle it.

Sid also helped with the WiFi configuration.

Well Done!!!

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @davidh

We used an electric dryer as the first test, which drew a constant 40% of the GS 12K.

Glad to hear the dryer test went well!  Looking forward to working with you on getting the grid-tie setup working via backcharge through the GS inverter for complete off-grid system.

ReplyQuote
(@davidh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Today, without Sid, I powered up my whole house on the GS 12K inverter that I purchased!

IMG 8508

immediately after powering up the whole house, I turned up the HVAC.

IMG 8507

The Compressor was rated at 19.5 RLA with 130 RLA… and it powered right up!

IMG 8506

I am starting the process of formalizing the power connections.

Well Done Sean & Sid!!!

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

The only glitches were due to my 4P16S Li-Ion battery being out of spec as the voltage being too high.

My Li-Ion battery at 65vDC do the same thing with red light alarm  and not start up .  I use one 55vDC  battery to start and then switch on the 16P16S dangerous BMW Li Ion Battery .  I  have to keep L1 amd L2 balance umder 50 Amp   and not do  16000 watts again .  The GS12kw run the 4 ton heat pump every day for 4 months .  In October and the next 8 months I will run the 30kw Powerjack with  hot transformer  to keep the patio warm .  

ReplyQuote
(@davidh)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @dickson

My Li-Ion battery at 65vDC do the same thing with red light alarm  and not start up .  I use one 55vDC  battery to start and then switch on the 16P16S dangerous BMW Li Ion Battery .

Why don’t you just set the voltage a little higher?

I plan on running the voltage at 64v max, moving forward, to increase the total number of battery cycles.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

I  set the max overvoltge  to 66 vDC .  The undervoltage is 46vDC to shut down the inverter .  The inverter will NOT start if the battery is 57vDC or higher  and the red button alarm .   A 55 vDC battery and a 100 watt precharge  capacitor is use to start the inverter .   The 66vDC lithium ion battery  is equalize  down ro 57vDC with  14S lithium ion Leaf battery .   The inverter run best at 56vDC to 58vDC .  

ReplyQuote
(@busky)
Trusted Member

@davidh 

That's great!!  My HP has a LRA of only 90A so I have much more confidence it will start my HP's!!!

ReplyQuote