PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Trouble with Charge Settings on new GS6k

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@phillip-matolcsy-2)
New Member Customer
Topic starter  

Hi,

I cannot get my inverter to charge the batteries. It is an old fashioned pull start generator. it will draw only as much current as the inverter is drawing but no more. I have read the beta manual extensively but i can't get it to work.

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Sorry I didn't see this post at first....

Posted by: @phillip-matolcsy-2

it will draw only as much current as the inverter is drawing but no more.

Can you clarify this a bit?  (It isn't making sense to me.)

I presume that the inverter is not drawing as much charge current as you expected it to...but that it is charging?

If so, there's 3 things to check:

1. the MaxAmp setting for the corresponding AC Input voltage (CFG -> AC Input -> MaxAmp 120 / MaxAmp 240).  This is the "max input current" that the inverter will try to regulate
  2. output loading vs the MaxAmp setting.  If MaxAmp is set to 2.5A, any loads >2.5A will result in a charge rate of 0%.
  3. the Charge Amps setting.  (CFG -> Battery/Charge -> Charge Amps).  This sets the "max charge" level of the corresponding MaxAmp setting.  In other words, if MaxAmp is set to 15A, a Charge Amps of 50% = up to 7.5A of input power can be used for charge.

ReplyQuote