PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

24V to 36V or 48V

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joe-s)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

where can i get the procedure for rewiring to change voltage?
i currently have a 24V and would like to have a description of what is needed to convert to one of the higher voltages. wiring and parts.
has anyone done this and if yes would you share the process?
TY
Joe

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @joe-s

where can i get the procedure for rewiring to change voltage?
i currently have a 24V and would like to have a description of what is needed to convert to one of the higher voltages. wiring and parts.
has anyone done this and if yes would you share the process?
TY
Joe

It primarily requires a rewiring of the transformer primary to the new voltage, then checking the transformer with a variac to make sure it's wired correctly BEFORE powering it up.  (If miswired, it can and will blow FETs instantly upon power-up.)  Also you'll have to do a software "warranty void" to unlock the "Inverter Setup" screen to change the system nominal voltage there.

The only replacement parts would be the cooling fans: the fans in a 24v inverter are rated 20-40v.  (You would need our 36-75v fans for a 36v or 48v inverter.)  I've tried to think of a way to avoid needing to change fans--but the fans are rated ~35W each, so it is no small amount of power that would have to be handled by either a buck converter or a boost converter.  Ends up being a lot more simple and reliable to just replace the fans as needed.

ReplyQuote