PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

6000w LF SP PSW - U...

Notifications
Clear all

6000w LF SP PSW - Upgrade / Modifications Help

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bigjoncoop)
Topic starter  

I just purchased another UPower/PowerJack 6000w inverter and a couple of years ago @sid here on the Forum had recommended I install a capacitor on the output of the inverter. I forget exactly what he recommended and where to install it.

Also I was wondering if there's any other modifications I can do to the inverter to either increase its output or make it more stable, clean up the sine wave, or anything else that's worth doing to increase the inverters performance.

Any recommendations would be appreciated thank you

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @bigjoncoop

either increase its output

...replace the transformer 😉

or make it more stable

...need a non-PJ control board 😉

recommended I install a capacitor on the output of the inverter. I forget exactly what he recommended and where to install it.

So you'd want to figure out which transformer lead goes directly to the front panel (without going to the AC board)...you'll want to put a ~4.7 or 10uF 250v AC-rated cap from that leg to the Neutral output.  (Typically L2 - N.)  In a PJ inverter, only one of the output phases has an AC filter cap on it--but both phases need filtered.

ReplyQuote