PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

DIY 8010 output 9...

Notifications
Clear all

DIY 8010 output 9 kw can replace Powerjack control board using Powerjack transformer for less than 900 dollars

24 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

If the EG8010 has a software limit of 189

The EG 8010 inverter board I  bought is  50 dolars on Ali express .  My Powerjack  transformer primary do not match  so is limit to 189 vac .    Ali express  do sell a matching  transformer for EG 8010  and cost 600 dollars .     Sean has a lot of old Powerjack  but PJ in China no longer make repair parts  .   I find that  using a EG 8010  inverter board will not  make old Powerjack  useful .     IT will be very difficult to repair  old PJ  inverter .    

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @notmario

Doubt it.  The voltage feedback input requires a voltage divider--so in theory, it could be used to regulate almost any output voltage.  The issue is if the SPWM output cannot flat-top/distort the AC wave if there's insufficient headroom.  On top of that, it might not even take the sine to full 100% max PWM throttle anyway--further reducing headroom.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

The voltage feedback input requires a voltage divider--so in theory, it could be used to regulate almost any output voltage.  

The inverter board has output voltage  adjustment .     IF output ac is adjusted too high it shut down with red light  blinking .    IF output  ac is  adjusted  too low it  shut down also   so  now at  130 vac it works  to run a light bulb .  The battery is 55 vdc input .     The inverter board  has over voltage and under voltage  protection adjustment .    IF the  adjustment  from the factory is out of range then the  EG 8010  will not start  and may blow the FETs  if  it shutdown  automatically under load .    

ReplyQuote
(@robertm)
Estimable Member

3 hours ago, dickson said:

The EG 8010 inverter board I  bought is  50 dolars on Ali express .  My Powerjack  transformer primary do not match  so is limit to 189 vac .    Ali express  do sell a matching  transformer for EG 8010  and cost 600 dollars .     Sean has a lot of old Powerjack  but PJ in China no longer make repair parts  .   I find that  using a EG 8010  inverter board will not  make old Powerjack  useful .     IT will be very difficult to repair  old PJ  inverter .    

This EG8010 discussion is interesting, but perhaps you can buy a parts inverter from Sean and repair your old PJ? I would like one of the working 24V PJ's, but all depends on $. Lots of bills come due for me right now.

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

3 hours ago, Sid Genetry Solar said:

Doubt it.  The voltage feedback input requires a voltage divider--so in theory, it could be used to regulate almost any output voltage.  The issue is if the SPWM output cannot flat-top/distort the AC wave if there's insufficient headroom.  On top of that, it might not even take the sine to full 100% max PWM throttle anyway--further reducing headroom.

I figured that was the case. So he just needs to adjust his tranny to get enough voltage.

Unwinding the primary a few turns would clearly do it, but with less copper, what side effect is produced?

2 hours ago, RobertM said:

This EG8010 discussion is interesting, but perhaps you can buy a parts inverter from Sean and repair your old PJ? I would like one of the working 24V PJ's, but all depends on $. Lots of bills come due for me right now.

I haven't heard anything more about this. Sean is nigh impossible to reach sometimes. 😕

ReplyQuote
(@robertm)
Estimable Member

Posted by: @notmario
I figured that was the case. So he just needs to adjust his tranny to get enough voltage.

At some point, this week, there will be a link on genetrysolar.com with info on the available  PJ inverters that he's tested.

ReplyQuote
 Ben
(@ben)
Eminent Member

the egs002 little board is looking for around 3 volts from the voltage divider on the big board   so as sid said it can be made to reg almost any voltage  with in the specs of the parts like caps fet ......     if you can do so in a safe way  "know what you are doing" you can plug one 120 volt leg  of your tranny into a wall outlet 

after plugging in see what the low side voltage is 

if it is 36 volts you will need to unwind a few turns 

then plug it in again and check the low side again if still over 28 volts you repeat 

untill you get 28 volts   if under 28 you add turns to low side check it each time

do this until you get 28 volts 

from every thing i know any esg002 inverter over 2k needs to have totem poll drivers 

you will also need a realy good choke 

my buddy has been using one of my home made 10k egs002 inverters for a long time now every day off grid

they can be good inverters but what is the use now that GS is making much better inverters?

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

from every thing i know any esg002 inverter over 2k needs to have totem poll drivers 

you will also need a realy good choke 

my buddy has been using one of my home made 10k egs002 inverters for a long time now every day off grid

YES  need totem poll  LF driver  and a big choke .      10 kw seem to be the limit for DIY inverter and Powerjack inverter .       I stop  using the EG 8010  with the ASL 9.0 transformer   and is using the rev 11.3 PJ  control board now  with the transformer  primary  to 32vac  .    

ReplyQuote
 Ben
(@ben)
Eminent Member

i never liked the power jack control boards one bank of fets gets hotter than the other 3

i had a buddy that reprogram a pj control board for me and it ran great he may have done other stuff to it also not sure 

but it truly ran great after he done what ever he done 

the egs002 can be made into a good inverter but it is plain jane and i have never ran one at over 4or5k for hours at a time 

i have ran one with big load for short times here and there 

i would not trust them for every day use of over 6k i have had no prob but people way smarter than me have said over and over 6or7k is tops for the egs002

PJ and esg002 suck when compared to even just the GS wifi board

ITS DAY AND NIGHT!!

GS is no more in cost when all is said and done either  

Have you seen all the things a GS wifi board can do?

Its not just a screen with wifi its all the brains and drives the fets at 8amps! 

This makes sure they turn all the way on fast so less heat and losses 

It was a crazy killer deal when they was selling the wifi by its self for 3 or 350 bucks

To anyone who had a junk pj could buy the GS wifi  install it and turn a junk into a very nice inverter 

Of course you have to no how or know some one that can install it for you

The pj fet board is not the prob with pj inverters or at lest the pj i had 

They work great with GS wifi i have had one since before the first wifi was sold 

ITS still running strong!

The wifi does not make the tranny bigger

But you turn a junk pj into a very nice inverter with tons and tons of feachers like wifi that can do what ever wattage the pj tanny is capable of

I quit messing with esg002 and pj when i got a GS   

All in cost is about the same from home made esg002 or buying a GS it is a no brainer lol 

If i had a large pj inverter i would be trying to get my hands on a GS wifi board to put in it

That is my two cents on it all!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2