PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

DIY 8010 output 9...

Notifications
Clear all

DIY 8010 output 9 kw can replace Powerjack control board using Powerjack transformer for less than 900 dollars

24 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

This is a  EG 8010  from DIY Solar Forum .    The  first picture is my EG8010 .    I do not know  why his FETs  do not blow up .   Warpspeed  EG 8010 inverter  also do not blow up FETS ? 

DSCF6530 eg8010.JPG

Screenshot (895039).png

Screenshot (895038).png

Screenshot (895040).png

(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Neat any chance you can point of the basics on the board, I think I guessed them.  Since you have one figure you have the general sections figured out.  Are those daughter boards easy to get?  Guessing the it uses the same generic ones others use, but not sure so wanted to ask.  Nice learning project.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

It all comes down to MOSFET drive and protection.  Sometimes adding a good dose of being "so bad that it actually works" helps quite a bit.  (It's amazing how much of a "Whack-A-Mole" things become when you try to improve a design with numerous design flaws!)

If the FET drive isn't strong enough to firmly switch the FETs, you'll get a lot more heat off the FETs--but if that's not a problem, you might be pretty well set!  Switching the FETs cleanly results in almost no FET heat even at full load--but a plethora of other entertaining situations have to be taken care of to prevent failure!

Worth noting that you're going to be awfully hard pressed to find a PJ transformer that will do 9kw continuously, 24/7...

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Are those daughter boards easy to get?  Guessing the it uses the same generic ones others use, but not sure so wanted to ask

The daughter board  is the EG 8010 with the  red light and cost about 13 dollars .   The company is SUNYIMA  that make the most reliable  EG 8010 inverter on Aliexpress .    EG 8010 inverter has the main board with heat sink and capacitors and mosfets that replace the PJ  mainboard .    The daughter board EG 8010 mounted vertical  is like the LF driver of the PJ inverter . The rest of the circuit board control output ac voltage and overload current  and  dc overvoltage of battery and dc undervoltage of battery and auto shutdown if overtemperature .   The  ASL9.0  PJ  transformer is what I  connect to the EG 8010 from SUNYIMA .   For 200 dollars include the inverter  board and wires and instruction and diagram  .   Most PJ   48v inverter transformer is  36vac primary  so order the 60v dc model  according  to  SUNYIMA .           I  only run my EG 8010  to 100 watts and stop .    I  like to know how he get  9 kw  as people with working EG 8010 inverter do not talk .     The oz inverter forum say the EG 8010 op amp 339  which  shut down the inverter to protect the inverter  will blow up the FETs cause by the voltage spike  back emf  during shut down .    I diable the op amp 339 on my  EG 8010  and now no voltage spike during shut down but  have  only over temperature protection .       

I  do not think any PJ inverter can do 9kw with the  rev 11.3 control board as the red light alarm will shut it down .    

ReplyQuote
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @dickson
The daughter board is the EG 8010 with the red light and cost about 13 dollars

Thanks, I may grab one.  It will be interesting to use to learn more without being stressed I am going to burn up something that I like.  Sounds like its more of an experimental type kit item.  Well I may wait a bit to see what stuff Sean sells for other fun projects. 

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

It will be interesting to use to learn more without being stressed I am going to burn up something that I like.  Sounds like its more of an experimental type kit item.  Well I may wait a bit to see what stuff Sean sells for other fun projects. 

Ali express  sell  the EG 8010 alone  and  inverter board with EG 8010 and mosfets  ready for any powerjack transformer .    For a 12vdc inverter the transformer  has a 8 vac primary .  For a 24vdc DIY inverter then a transformer has  16vac primary  and a  48vdc inverter the transformer  primary is  28vc that powerjack do not make .   my ASL9,0 transformer has 36vac primary  then my  inverter is a 60vdc  system .   The output ac voltage is 60 hz single phase 120 ac or  240vac  only  and  no split phase .  

ReplyQuote
(@robertm)
Estimable Member

It will be interesting to use to learn more without being stressed I am going to burn up something that I like. Sounds like its more of an experimental type kit item. Well I may wait a bit to see what stuff Sean sells for other fun projects.

In the photo of your EG 8010 board there is a copper 40A power connector to the pcb board. It looks like fits into a round terminal hole. I need something like that for my supercapacitor board. What is it called?

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

In the photo of your EG 8010 board there is a copper 40A power connector to the pcb board. It looks like fits into a round terminal hole

Ring terminal connector  included with inverter board .      Ebay sell  all sizes  of ring  terminals .   

Screenshot (902422).png

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

For a 12vdc inverter the transformer has a 8 vac primary . For a 24vdc DIY inverter then a transformer has 16vac primary and a 48vdc inverter the transformer primary is 28vc that powerjack do not make . my ASL9,0 transformer has 36vac primary then my inverter is a 60vdc system .

Umm...your numbers aren't scaling correct.  If 48vDC = 28vAC primary, that means that the following have to be true:

1. 60vDC -> 35vAC primary
  2. 48vDC -> 28vAC primary
  3. 24vDC -> 14vAC primary
  4. 12vDC -> 7vAC primary

I believe the EG8010 cannot go past 100% "throttle" (i.e. it is not able to distort the sine wave), thus necessitating the considerably lower transformer voltage spec for head room.

The output ac voltage is 60 hz single phase 120 ac or 240vac only and no split phase .

Of course you can do split phase with an EG8010 board.......there's no magic going on here.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Umm...your numbers aren't scaling correct.  If 48vDC = 28vAC primary, that means

I  know  the  Ali express  number for transformer  primary  ac  do not  seem right  for  48vdc battery .     The  EG 8010 inverter board  seem to be all single  phase  on Ali express .     The  EG 8010  will need to be  modify  to be usefull .    The  OZ inverter use a EG 8010  with a lot of modification  to run 6 kw .     Running 9kw  seem impossible but the DIYer   never show detail  of modification .     

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

I know the Ali express number for transformer primary ac do not seem right for 48vdc battery .

It probably IS right, as like I said above, I do not think the EG8010 is able to flatten out the sine wave (">100% throttle").  As a result, under load, the output voltage will fall if the tranny spec is too high.

The EG 8010 inverter board seem to be all single phase on Ali express .

Does not make a hill of beans' worth of difference.  If you have a split-phase transformer, it'll work just the same.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

As a result, under load, the output voltage will fall if the tranny spec is too high.

The  output voltage of the  ASL9.0  with the EG 8010 board the max  is 189 vac  so I set it at  130vac  to run  a light bulb .       The neutral can be use to make split phase  but no  purpose  to  make 65 vac .    

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

As a result, under load, the output voltage will fall if the tranny spec is too high.

If the ASL9 is 36v -> 230v (typical PJ spec), the ratio is (230 / 36) = 6.388.  Couple that with a 48v battery input = max non-saturated output of (48 / 1.414) = 33.9vAC into your transformer.  Thusly 33.9vAC * 6.388 (ratio) = 216.58v max expected output with zero losses.

...assuming all my guesses are correct, then the EG8010 can't even reach 100% sine "throttle."  But I'm making a lot of assumptions here.

You can of course remove a few turns of the primary winding on your ASL9.  Depending on the winding spec, each "turn" removed will drop from 1.0-1.5v of the primary voltage.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

assuming all my guesses are correct, then the EG8010 can't even reach 100% sine "throttle.

You are not  guessing  as that is  what  the EG 8010 is doing  so  it is a expensive  light bulb circuit  .    IT is very difficult  to  find a useful  DIY for the EG 8010  on youtube .    The oz inverter has bigger cap  and  better mosfets  and  transformer  spec is  not Powerjack spec  and  protection circuit  is  still a problem .  

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

Split phase is single phase. Just two different pairs of potentials, sharing the center.
So long as your tranny can multiply the voltage to 240, and has a center tap (or 2 equal secondaries), you can use it for North American split phase.

If the EG8010 has a software limit of 189, just make it regulate against a single 120v leg. Like a lot of powerjacks. Second leg go directly to output terminal.

Not sure the implications of regulating off only one leg. Probably wont be as sensitive to voltage drop on the second leg... I'm sure Sid knows the ugly details on this.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2