PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Makeing a DC Switch...

Notifications
Clear all

Makeing a DC Switch.

5 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Okay.  here is something I am trying to either find or get one made.  But, basicly I need a Adjustable DC switch.  One that you can adjust a set screw to the wanted voltage to trigger a circuit, one that is open when the voltage has not reached then close when it has reached it which would trigger a set of relays to either open or close when that dc switch has been triggered.    The reason I am seeking to either find such a switch or have one made is for one, I'm total blind, to set the solar chargers, or any chargers to the voltage I want my bank to be at is well kind of hard unless I can get somebody who knows how to set those solar chargers up.  Which is kind of none.

Anyhow.  so with building or getting a dc trigger switch like this I can use the screw to set my voltage that will trigger the wired in relay to un hook the solar arrays which in turn would stop the solar chargers from producing the power.  

I know it would probley need somehow a way to trigger to go back to the open to reenable the solar array strings. so yeah not sure how to build such a device with two set screws that can be set as a low and high triggers.  

I'm currently running a 3 string array each one going to a solar charger.

(@dickson)
Noble Member

Almost all  MPPT has adjustment to turn on solar panel when battery voltage is low and shut off when battery is charge up .  My MSB  MPPT do this   automatically  to charge the battery .    I use an external battery charger which has voltage adjustment to automatically charge the battery at night .  

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yes but, like i've said I'm total blind, and finding somebody to adjust those solar chargers is like asking a monkey to screw in the light bulb. . 😛

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

The MSB 60A  MPPT solar charger is easy to adjust for 24v DC .   I  now use PowMR MPPT solar charger  from Aliexpress  and cost 85 dollars free shipping and is working  good for a year .   MSB is 130 dollars from Aliexpress  .   MSB  been working for 4 years .  I use a 120vAC gasoline  generator 5000  watts  to run my external battery charger . I do not use my inverter to charge battery .  

ReplyQuote
(@steve)
Estimable Member

Unfortunately you will need to use a charge controller, someone will need to configure it

I run a large boat battery disconnect switch for the inverter wire, but wouldn't dare trying to manually cut off my charging

Now if you want a switch, a DC breaker works as a rarely used switch, and battery switches are very common 

dickson reacted
ReplyQuote