PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

End of Power Jack / Upower Support from Genetry Solar

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sean-genetry-solar)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Genetry Solar will no longer offer support for Power Jack / Upower inverters. Several reasons.

1. I am not being paid to provide this service. In fact I have not been paid in well over a year.
  2. I no longer have the time to troubleshoot inverters. Some calls can take upwards of 2 hours. Power Jack inverter "Beeps" do not tell me anything about what is wrong with the unit.
  3. The current inverter design by Power Jack is foreign to me and I do not consider myself qualified any longer to provide support.
  4. I really need to focus my time on Genetry Solar
  5. Liabillty. I did not design or manufacture the inverter.

I will still be selling the remaining parts and inverters I have here. They are always as is. I am probably going to lower the prices considerably to get rid of anything I have remaining. I realize I have old Power Jack videos up on youtube. I will either delete these or annotate that I no longer offer support. Its possible that a community driven FAQ could be built around common issues and solutions but that is up to the community.

Both Sid and myself need to focus on our own inverter line.

Hopefully everyone understands.

Thank you

(@barck005)

Hey,

I took a chance and bought a PJ inverter id say about 2 years ago maybe year and a half.   I never opened it because I had family things come up and at the time I just didn't need to put it into action.  After reading more about these inverters and stumbling upon your website some time ago I was grateful to see that someone had tried helping the problems associated w these inverters.  I read what you said above and I think that's prob wise.  Taking down YouTube videos that may help people would kinda suck but if you must you must..  I don't post videos on YouTube so I'm not sure how many videos one can have.  I tend to stay back in the cut and read and watch and never chime in on forums.  Most of the time someone gets insulted and then its a back and forth of trying to explain their point or that they were right.  Anyways.   I know you don't want to focus anymore time on troubleshooting, and I respect that.  I don't really have a trouble shooting question..  its more of a maybe you could tell me what to change right away or what not to do when I first turn it on or open it up first and reconfigure the in and out voltage cuz I think you said its reversed from the maker.   If not that's fine too.  maybe you can tell me how to find one of the inverters you guys have been working on?   I'm always near losing a finger doing something stupid so I'm down to test one out if you have something ready or can point me where to buy.  Wasn't trying to get free help but it be cool if someone could just tell me what not to do when I first unpack the power inverter.  I can't return it so I'm stuck with it at this point even tho I never opened it.  good luck and thanks for your time.

-Keith

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Most of the time someone gets insulted and then its a back and forth of trying to explain their point or that they were right.

Some people  think Powerjack  make the best inverter for the price  and some say  it is junk  is  not worth a penny  .   

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

While I don't know for sure, I believe Sean spent some time annotating the old videos to say that he was no longer providing support.  Don't think he took them down.

Honestly, PJ inverters are great "starters": they're cheap, and they get you hooked on "free energy" from solar (or otherwise).  Generally speaking, where most people get bent out of shape is when the PJ inverter overheats and shuts down WAY before the "rated power" was reached--and that's where PJ "got you" with a cheap price.  You literally get what you pay for.

If your expectations are low, the PJ inverter may do quite well for you.  But if you're expecting the inverter to live up to its specifications, you'll be sorely disappointed.

Posted by: @barck005
open it up first and reconfigure the in and out voltage cuz I think you said its reversed from the maker.

I'm confused?  Can you explain further?

I will note that AC Input is basically a "do not use" on PJ inverters.

Posted by: @barck005
Wasn't trying to get free help

The forum is free, and actually can turn into a valuable knowledge base; Sean's reference was to "technical support" phone calls--which as he noted above could often exceed two hours.  That's a LOT of time he could be doing something else with!

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Powerjack  are making change  to improve  the 20KW inverter with MPPT . 

Screenshot (2157393)

ReplyQuote