PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Powerjack main board

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@lener)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

800470C7 C7B0 48C8 9471 CEEC314AB617

73F2D505 FBB2 4E84 8ABC 212BFE459761

(@lener)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My 12000 watt AGM has been a paper weight , I have followed Powerjack recommendations replacing the mosfets , the control board etc same result , I was wondering perhaps the main board could be bad . How can I check the main board and the transformer although The transformer has 4 output leads the first two to the  left goes to the Ac output  and the the other two goes to the board .I have checked for continuity that was extend of my test.

any insight will be greatly appreciated

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

How can I check the main board and the transformer 

The mainboard havs 4  mosboard and  should see 4 LED light up green  with inverter switch  OFF and battery connectrd .  The control board should be  Rev 11.3 and at least 2 green LED light on when  the inverter switch is ON .  IF LED  are all OFF or LED are blinking  or the mosfets blow up then  it is  wrong control board  or bad LF driver .  The transformer can be check IF the control board  is good  and LED is green .  The transformer 2 primary  should be 32vAC to 36vAC  if  48 vdc inverter .  The 2 secondary  is 230vAC to 240vAC .  Rev 11.1 or Rev 11.0 or Rev 10.3 control board  will blow up the FETs instantly .  The newest AMG inverter  will self test  for error and not start untill error is fixed .   I use my 30kw Powerjack  for 8 months starting in October  to power the house and the heat from the hot transformer is use to heat the room .  

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @lener

How can I check the main board and the transformer although The transformer has 4 output leads the first two to the  left goes to the Ac output  and the the other two goes to the board .I have checked for continuity that was extend of my test.

Checking the transformer...it gets a bit difficult to test with actual power.  But if "nothing happens" when you turn the inverter on, then a continuity check will be more than sufficient for determining if the transformer is good.

Check also the two (?) primary leads going to the FET heatsinks--they should also be basically a short circuit.

Mainboard...like @dickson says, when powered up, each of the MOS boards should have a green LED lit on it.  (That doesn't necessarily prove anything other than that the board has voltage on it.)

Is the control board lighting up when you switch it on?  Any sound from the transformer when switched on?

ReplyQuote
(@lener)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Good day all,

can anyone please tell me if this correct, looking at  a picture (#2)from eBay power jack posting one of wire connectors look to be connected to a different location. The wire connector from the switch  goes the charger  picture (#1) for my unit  picture  however picture #2 eBay goes somewhere underneath the control board, the wires maybe different colors ( black and Red). I was wondering which one is correct yet where the is wire connects to Under the board.

Thank you for any help!

79FFD1FB 0866 46C0 A2C8 B787A24639F5

A16769D0 2D8A 418F A70F E0811D98A7E1

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Ebay is correct .    Your red wire is L1 .   The other black wire in Ebay  ptcture is N  and go under the control board .   Where is your sensor ribbon  cable ?   No connecter from the switch  go to the charger board .    

ReplyQuote
(@lener)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Just for hell of it  trying to fix the inverter I ordered a replacement board and driver and 4 pieces of mosfets, I received a completely different looking board and of course Jelly ( if this a is really person) indicated this is new upgrade version but PJ has no tutorial/ instructions, I have absolutely no clue what to do… Jelly  provides no help, already received about 22 files and pictures none have any relevant . Any ideas.?

D20C1AA7 8318 4E57 B6F8 0BFA0D4756DC

thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

The first picture is  the output charger  board for a 20kw Powerjack inverter .   Is that what  the ebay seller sent you ?   Is your inverter like the picture of the ebay inverter ?  The picture of the ebay inverter with the 2 black circle is also a charger board  but charging function do not work .   The third picture is the control board  that work with the output charger board in the first picture .   I need to know if your original control board is rev 11.3 .   I  have all version of Powerjack inverter  model and each is wired different .   One wrong miss wire and the FETs will blowup .    

ReplyQuote
(@lener)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Here is the inverter 24v 12000w AGM sp, I have had about 25  or more emails back in forth with the same vendor that I purchased the inverter, the answer from Jelly always “kindly check again “ and sent me bunch of pictures but none related to the inverter absolutely no valuable instructions I actually received a video of guy playing with a current sensor and a stick of heat gun glue.I have sent  numerous pictures parts numbers event the correct info from the mosfet, the answer the remaining the same “ kindly check again “amazingly those pictures below are the instructions. I do not know how to explain anymore to jelly this board if not for the 12000w  inverter..

thank you.

42DEF4A3 A5B1 4602 A83C 260B53B15600
B5526241 2F63 410A 8098 F8708025AED1
B45E5B64 9578 4CD0 B313 398CA9CB846E

0D3947A6 2C44 452C B292 84CA17ABC479
64A3005C 16B5 4F21 87D7 3023E2E86D2A

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

The blue output charger board is not for your inverter .   The  ebay picture shows  the correct wiring .  Your original control board should  be rev 11.3 to work .   Control board  rev 11.0 and rev 11.1  will blow up the FETs . 

Screenshot (2530970)

ReplyQuote