PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Any Update on Shipment?

12 Posts
8 Users
2 Likes
(@inphase)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I haven't received any emails or texts from Sean. I understand there's a communication problem with Grasshopper but I haven't gotten an email response either. He said on October 30th that my 6 kW inverter had been built and was just awaiting shipping. I'm just looking for an update on when that's going to happen.

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

I've forwarded your message on.  Don't know what's going on at the moment.

InPhase reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adam-quinton)
Active Member Customer

In a similar boat.  Thought I was fairly safe ordering in October, but needing to have it installed by the end of the year I am nearing the requesting a refund point and going elsewhere.

InPhase reacted
ReplyQuote
(@inphase)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Posted by: @adam-quinton

In a similar boat.  Thought I was fairly safe ordering in October, but needing to have it installed by the end of the year I am nearing the requesting a refund point and going elsewhere.

Good luck. I hope it doesn't come down to that for you. The Genetry inverter really is a great machine. You certainly won't find a similar quality inverter at that price. I ordered in JANUARY and have only received 2/3 of my order. And now I can't get a response at all from any channel to Sean.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Youtube  say the GS12KW is out of parts and out of stock .     The GS12kw  is the most quiet  of any inverter on Youtube .  

ReplyQuote
(@inphase)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

@dickson That really doesn't have any bearing on the situation at hand. On October 30th, I was told my last inverter was assembled and ready to ship. Well, let's get it shipped.

ReplyQuote
(@adam-quinton)
Active Member Customer

@inphase thanks!  Yes the quality of the parts chosen and supporting small business drove my decision to go with it.  I did finally hear from Sean, though I’m not sure he met his goal of getting mine shipped on Monday.  I’m working on getting everything ready for it’s arrival, any chance you can tell me what the max wire size for the output terminals on the 6K are?  I’m hoping to reuse some 6 gauge I have lying around already.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

any chance you can tell me what the max wire size for the output terminals on the 6K are?  I’m hoping to reuse some 6 gauge I have lying around already.

Dimensions sheet on the terminal doesn't show, and I don't have any terminals handy...

however, a 6kw inverter @ 240v = 25A.  The internal chassis wiring to the terminals is 8AWG (simply so we don't have to replace the wires for 120v single phase @ 50A service!), so 6AWG might fit, but it's on the large size.

ReplyQuote
(@steve)
Estimable Member

#6 fits easily 

ReplyQuote
(@cali-carlos)
Trusted Member

any chance you can tell me what the max wire size for the output terminals on the 6K are?  I’m hoping to reuse some 6 gauge I have lying around already.

I used #6 on my 6k without any issue

ReplyQuote
pilgrimvalley
(@pilgrimvalley)
Prominent Member

@dickson it would be interesting to see them measured in some standard side-by-side decibel test as some previously said they sounded like jet engines and putting in larger diameter fans that push more air making less noise was not in the design improvement que... the last I read or saw on youtube when he said he was going to work for the farmer riding the lawn mower... I think they have lots of snow as we received 10 inches Christmas day and lawn mower duty has ended...in Michigan!!!

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Happy New Year .   I am waiting for the next Youtube video .  The 2  GS6kw should be have been delivered since no grass to mow  now .  

ReplyQuote