PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Firmware Version 1.2r1

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Oh the joys of trying to do everything...there's a lot of work to do!  And I can only do one thing at a time...

Anyway, multiple months after releasing the milestone 1.2r0 update, I've become aware of several bugs/issues in it.  Time for another update, fixing those bugs + adding some more functionality...

Release notes:

• [C] Fix bug where negative amperage calibration resulted in overflowed readings
  • Disable "Output Low" error on AC input (already handled by "power qualification" routine)
    • should help eliminate some ATS transition errors?
  • Fix "delayed menu change" (a frustrating regression resulting from the v1.2r0 menu handling redesign)
  • Allow temporary override of ATS automatic decisions [feature request: Oct 22, 2022]
    • A little "M" on the AC Input area of the OUT page indicates manual override
    • Override clears when AC Input is lost/disqualified ("M" will disappear, normal ATS behavior will resume).
  • Updates to STAT page
    • now shows session time percentages of Uptime/Ontime and Inv/AC
    • add ATS Count, showing the number of ATS transfers in the current session [feature request from 2021-11-12, likely @sean-genetry-solar ]
  • Add "instantaneous shutdown" if DC input voltage ever exceeds ~72v ("ERR:DC Overvoltage") [result from extensive conversation with @steve ]
    • This is an attempt to try to prevent inverter failure resulting from treacherous BMS disconnects when utilizing grid-tie-inverter backfeed charging
  • Adjusted terminology for "under voltage" and "over voltage" errors to "DC Volt Low" / "DC Volt High" respectively
    • trying to make it clearly different from the new "DC Overvoltage" error
  • Warranty-gate "FET Dead Time" and "BTY Amp Limit" settings; they will only be visible if the warranty is voided.  *AT YOUR OWN RISK!*  (Note that BTY Amp Limit is only available on inverters that have a GS-spec mainboard in them.)

Here's the main changes to the STAT page:

display.jpg.7191218e2ba382f3b51c9095f44651ab.jpg

(The "ATS Count" is further down on the page.)

I probably should do more frequent smaller updates (fewer fixes/changes).  1.2r0 was released in August 2022...yeah, it's been a bit!

As always, please keep me posted of any bugs/issues/suggestions.  Can't guarantee that every suggestion will make the cut (or is even feasible), but I will definitely consider them.

NOTE: If you experience ATS transition errors, PLEASE take pictures/screenshots of the DAMP, DVLT and SYNC inverter oscilloscope channels BEFORE restarting the inverter.  These will show me exactly what the inverter "saw" that caused the transition error--and will hugely help me in finding a safe solution/workaround (if necessary).

(@steve)
Estimable Member

Installed using screen mirroring

Smooth process 

ReplyQuote
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Any Updates for the original WiFi Boards that connect to PJ boards?

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
44 minutes ago, AquaticsLive said:

Any Updates for the original WiFi Boards that connect to PJ boards?

Ha....I need to do that too.  There's a limit that can be accomplished with the PJ WiFi board stuff--but I should still get that up to speed.

Most of the work would be on the PJ CPU firmware side--as the WiFi board firmware is the same regardless of whether it's connected to a GS control board or a PJ reflashed control board.

ReplyQuote
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar
Most of the work would be on the PJ CPU firmware side--as the WiFi board firmware is the same regardless of whether it's connected to a GS control board or a PJ reflashed control board.

Thanks, just hoping to get some some of the old stuff working again like the Hz. 

ReplyQuote