PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

What's the estimated wait time to get a 6kw 24v?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Bossrox
(@bossrox)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Might think this is funny but I got the most powerful chinese inverter I could find, a 6kw, 12kw surge & the dang think couldn't even start up my 1/2hp well pump that your inverter can do with a 50% load on it so you got the only inverter on the market I know of that can deliver that much power from 24v so I guess I'm forced into another of yours. I know Sean is only doing inverters part time now so what's the time frame for getting another?

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

I have forwarded this on to Sean; as of yet, I'm still waiting for a response.

Sean was working overtime at a nearby farm to make ends meet; however, this is their down season...so he should have considerably more time available.

Sounds to me that you found a Chinese HF inverter...even the best of those are pretty bad at powering surge loads.  The worst of them aren't even worth using as a boat anchor (as they're so lightweight!)

We definitely have 6kw inverters available; according to Sean, the 12kw inverters sold about twice as well as the 6kw inverters.  Surprised us both.

ReplyQuote
Bossrox
(@bossrox)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar I think you're right about most being boat anchors. I have 1 other option I'm checking out, a sigineer 6kw, I think it can do the full 6kw on 120, still waiting for a verification tho. I know a guy looking for a 12kw, how's the wait time on those?

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @bossrox

I have 1 other option I'm checking out, a sigineer 6kw, I think it can do the full 6kw on 120

If it's sold as a split-phase inverter, I highly doubt it will be able to do the full 6kw output on one phase--as the designers would have needed to put twice as much wire on the secondary windings.  (Genetry split-phase inverters can't do full load on a single phase either; however, unlike most other inverters, the Genetry inverters can be internally wired for single-phase 120v output to get around that problem.)

I know a guy looking for a 12kw, how's the wait time on those?

Unfortunately those are pretty well sold out AFAIK.

ReplyQuote
Bossrox
(@bossrox)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar Sigineer is mostly selling split phase on the 6kw's but on their site it looks as if it can be configured to do the full 6kw on 120v, only like yours, it most likely has to be customized at the factory.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

only like yours, it most likely has to be customized at the factory.

Genetry inverters can be changed in the field 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@sean-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Bossrox, private message me your phone number or give me a text or phone call to the 883 number. We finally have calls and texting working.

Thank you

ReplyQuote