PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Split-Phase upgrade board missing in action

16 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

I purchased and installed a split-phase upgrade back in March.  There were issues with it and I discussed the issue back and forth with Genetry via SMS texts right up to the point where I returned it for examination and testing.  I have the tracking number with the date and address of delivery around the first of April.  Thereafter I have texted inquiries many times with no replies.  I emailed inquiries about the status. No response.  I have call many times, both tech support and sales lines - always an automated answer.  Left voice messages requesting them to please contact me.  Nothing.  Crickets.

Is this company actually still in business?  I have an inverter that has been inoperable since March and cannot get any response of any kind from this company. 

At one point I was considering buying one of the large new-model Genetry inverters, but no longer. 

Anyone know something I don't about all of this? 

(@dickson)
Noble Member

I purchased and installed a split-phase upgrade back in March.  There were issues with it

I  have issue with the control board  split phase also  because of  different charger and output board  attached  .    I  found a fix if wire  as in  my photo .   Please show photo how you  wired  the  transformer  input  L1  and  neutral   and  what  model  PJ inverter .     Aii  the  charger  and output board look alike  but  is different  but can not tell by looking .  Thank you  for letting  us know .  

DSCF5757 12v.JPG

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @del
I purchased and installed a split-phase upgrade back in March. There were issues with it and I discussed the issue back and forth with Genetry via SMS texts right up to the point where I returned it for examination and testing. I have the tracking number with the date and address of delivery around the first of April. Thereafter I have texted inquiries many times with no replies. I emailed inquiries about the status. No response. I have call many times, both tech support and sales lines - always an automated answer. Left voice messages requesting them to please contact me. Nothing. Crickets.

Yes.

We're very much in business.  Currently 2 guys pretty much working themselves into the insane asylum trying to keep up...but unfortunately failing pretty badly at keeping track of customers.

Probably the issue that's hitting you right now is the automatic spam filter on the 833-GENETRY number--which is a requirement due to the HUGE number of spam/scam calls that Sean would otherwise get (due to the international presence of the number).  If you text or call a certain number of times within a certain timeframe (i.e. something like 5 calls/texts in 30 minutes--I have no idea what the actual number is)...the phone system will automatically block your number.  If this happens, Sean will never get notified of any calls or texts, unless he's somehow bored enough to dig through the spam/trash folder.  Which right now...isn't ever.  Almost all he gets are people calling to complain about Power Jack / U-Power inverters--which is quite pointless.

Unfortunately several legitimate customers have gotten auto-blocked by the system.  There's no notification, except one of us thinking, "You know, I haven't heard anything from that customer for awhile..."

We need to get a new phone provider that fully integrates into a CRM system.  I currently have the 2 sides picked out, but are waiting on a website redesign to cut the monthly costs down, so we can afford to add a CRM system bill...

A CRM system would allow us to see exactly who's calling (existing number / new caller), and also get all the calls/texts/emails/orders in one "history" that we could scroll through at a glance to figure out what's been discussed before answering the phone.

Will respond to your PM as well.  (Figured I should respond to this question in the public forum.)

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick reply.  I knew something wasn't right because the forums were rather busy with many recent posts from GS staff.  But, having tried the normal avenues of contact and getting nothing for nearly 4 months, I figured posting a complaint in the forums might get a response from someone, anyone. 

I much appreciate the reply and explanation as it may help others that may have wound up in a similar circle of frustration. 

Also thank you for the email - that was like someone flipping on a light in a dark room.

Del

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

It's now Mid-November and I have NEVER received a call, an email, or text from anyone other than apologies and excuses from the forum moderator. Nothing from the person I bought the conversion kit from at Genetry.  My inverter has been unusable since March when I returned the split-phase conversion board back for examination/testing/replacement.  I have nothing.  There is clearly no customer service at Genetry.  None. 

Caveat Emptor

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Did you receive a refund for the returned kit?

If the kit doesn't work, it doesn't work.  It's a PJ product for PJ inverters which works for 90% of inverters--but as PJ keeps changing everything around over and again, it won't work on every unit.  Apparently it doesn't work on your unit--and as such, there's nothing we can do.  We at Genetry are not responsible for PJ customer service/support--that must be handled through the original seller.

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

No, I've received nothing.

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

I did see previous posting by another member who had "issues" and figured out a fix.  I've reached out to him to find out what he was dealing with and the fix. 

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

But then that means you still have the split phase conversion board?

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

I did see previous posting by another member who had "issues" and figured out a fix.  I've reached out to him to find out what he was dealing with and the fix. 

My posting  of the  rev 11.1  board to run  split phase works good as wired in the picture .    This  replace the  10.3  conversion board from Sean  2 years ago .  The voltage is L1  55 vac and  L2  230 vac  when wired as in Sean video .   I  keep the 10.3  conversion board to  run a 5 hp air compressor  wired direct 230v single phase  sometime . You can get the rev 11.1 control board from David Chan on ebay to run  split spase  L1  N  L2  .   

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

No, I don't have the conversion board.   That was returned in March/April and I've heard nothing since despite repeated attempts at contacting him.  What I meant was that if I can get the board back I might try the fix that Dickson mentioned, but it remains for me to first find out what he knows.  I'm so down about all of this primarily over the complete lack of response as well as being "blocked" for reasons I don't understand. 

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

What I meant was that if I can get the board back I might try the fix that Dickson mentioned, but it remains for me to first find out what he knows. 

The picture of the rev 11.0  control board  on ebay at this time .  Contact the seller on ebay message and ask if the rev 11.1 control board will work as a replacement for  your powerjack .  He will  ask for a picture of the original  control board in the  inverter .  Do not  say  anything about a split phase conversion board as he do not like people modifying his inverter  .  The  rev 11.0 control board and the rev 11.1  are all split phase  control board and will work as the way I wired it .  The rev 11.1  has current limit protection  and the  LF driver  has the LED shut off  and never turn on  and the mainboard connecter is white  color .   People on this forum  say David is not a pleasant guy   as he will ask a lot of questions  and   block you if you want free parts .   

Screenshot (50021).png

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @del
I'm so down about all of this primarily over the complete lack of response as well as being "blocked" for reasons I don't understand.

Sean's number has international presence, thanks to PJ including it on a slip in their inverter packaging for some time.  Spam calls are literally insanely through the roof--and as such, in order even be able to function at all, Sean has been forced to turn the spam blocking up to just about the highest setting.  If someone "hammers" the phone system (through text or call), i.e. several messages/calls in a few minutes' time, the system will automatically block the phone number as "spam"--and because this happens so often, there is no notification.

Otherwise Sean would be fielding hundreds of calls a day about enlargements and auto warranties.

I have messaged Sean, at the very least we will get you a (very) belated refund.  If the board doesn't work...it isn't a Genetry product, and as such we can't guarantee that it will work, nor can we guarantee being able to troubleshoot it.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

My inverter has been unusable since March when I returned the split-phase conversion board back for examination/testing/replacement.

Is your original  control board  usable ?   My picture of the rev 11.1  control board  actually  show all the wire  connections needed .  The transformer  has 2 wires that go to the  main board  and  2 wires go to the control board   and  L2  go to the  output terminal .  From the picture  the N  is yellow go to the connection at the center of control board and  L1 is black wire go to the center of the control board next to the yellow N .  Those  are the 2 input wires from the transformer .The output  wire are at the bottom of the control board  and the yellow wire is Ground  and the  red wire at the bottom is the L1 output  and go to the fuse  and then the  output terminal .   To complete the split phase you need to connect a wire to the N  yellow wire at the center of the control board  and add a  400v  10uf capacitor  between  L2 and N  at the output terminal .  This is the same for the rev11.0   control board    and the rev 11.1  board .  

Screenshot (771263).png

ReplyQuote
 Del
(@del)
Topic starter  

I have the original board that came with the inverter, nothing wrong with it. Is that the board you're referencing?  The conversion kit board was returned for evaluation.  I did all of the modifications/rewiring as outlined in Sean's video and figured it would be a hassle to reverse all of that work just to return to original condition, non-split phase. 

If I can get a refund, I'll try the one on eBay from David.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2