PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Repaired U-Power 15...

Notifications
Clear all

Repaired U-Power 15k overloading too easily

57 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@rafaelmedina23)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
7 minutes ago, Rafaelmedina23 said:

I will verify that well

check, they were all on 24v.

ReplyQuote
(@rafaelmedina23)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Just now, Rafaelmedina23 said:

check, they were all on 24v.

I was already like this

ReplyQuote
(@rafaelmedina23)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
On 2/19/2021 at 8:54 PM, Rafaelmedina23 said:

I was already like this

Greetings, you are not going to believe what it was, the cables that I had from the battery to the inverter were very thin, (battery jump cables) that caused the overload.  As I had already bought another 8k P.J I disassembled this one for parts.  😬

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

14 minutes ago, Rafaelmedina23 said:

Greetings, you are not going to believe what it was, the cables that I had from the battery to the inverter were very thin, (battery jump cables) that caused the overload.  As I had already bought another 8k P.J I disassembled this one for parts.  😬

Well, I am extremely glad you found the cause of the problem ;-).  I suppose I did not even consider that, mostly as you'd had the inverter working before.

Doesn't help on a PJ that there is no way to distinguish the error codes, otherwise it'd have been super easy to catch 😉

ReplyQuote
(@rafaelmedina23)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar
Well, I am extremely glad you found the cause of the problem ;-). I suppose I did not even consider that, mostly as you'd had the inverter working before.

Yes, thank you all very much.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

L2  on powerjack inverter go from  transformer to  AC  outlet .  Only L1  go to control board  .   Neutral go to AC outlet  and not to control board .   Neutral from transformer go to  the output board  on full size powerjack.    Non  split  control board  from powerjack  may be wired different      There are  many  different  version  of control board . I  had a  control   board   that  output  220v  single phase  when wire for  220v  spit phase  .   I had to get the correct  control board from  china  powerjack  helen  .  Thank you . 

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @dickson
L2 on powerjack inverter go from transformer to AC outlet . Only L1 go to control board . Neutral go to AC outlet and not to control board . Neutral from transformer go to the output board on full size powerjack. Non split control board from powerjack may be wired different There are many different version of control board . I had a control board that output 220v single phase when wire for 220v spit phase . I had to get the correct control board from china powerjack helen . Thank you .

Sorry, @dickson it's not at all clear what's going on here...is this a question asking for help, or a statement summary for the thread?

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

L2  on powerjack inverter go from  transformer to  AC  outlet .  Only L1  go to control board  .   Neutral go to AC outlet  and not to control board .   Neutral from transformer go to  the output board  on full size powerjack.    Non  split  control board  from powerjack  may be wired different      There are  many  different  version  of control board . I  had a  control   board   that  output  220v  single phase  when wire for  220v  spit phase  .   I had to get the correct  control board from  china  powerjack  helen  .  Thank you . 

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Sorry  that this is only a statement  about the control board from ebay may not be correct .    I think  that it is  easy to just replace  any bad PS  control board  with your  GS  control board  .     Thank you .    I  use 4/0 cable  for dc input  and never use jumper cable  that cause  the inverter to beep  and overload .  

ReplyQuote
(@ituscol)

I have exactly the same problem with my upowerr 15k 48v two phase inverter with 250amp charger, when I received it I didn't open it to check for loose parts and when I turned it on it burned control board and ac side mosfets I ordered new control board with charger and new mosfets and now it turns on fine it handles my soldering iron fine and my drill, but when I hook up my heat blower it's fine on low settings but when I put it on high it says 70%load and as it reaches 100% it will turn off in 10 seconds my dip switch is set as it was when I got it but it doesn't change anything.

ReplyQuote
(@ituscol)

This is my upower 48v 15kw two phase with charger inverter, the original board was a 10.3 the one power Jack sent me is 11.3 the transformer is asl4

20220218_155433.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

now it turns on fine it handles my soldering iron fine and my drill, but when I hook up my heat blower it's fine on low settings but when I put it on high it says 70%load and as it reaches 100% it will turn off 

My PJ 8kw  with ASL4 tramsformer  with rev 11.1 control board  will now do  2000 watts  before shutdown .   Your  15kw Upower with  rev 11.3 control board and ASL4  will  problably shutdown  at 2000 watts also .  My original rev 10.3 control board will do  4000 watt and  I  manually shutdown  or the FETs did blowup with no alarm  so I replaced it .     My 8kw PJ now  never blow up FETs  again .    

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4