PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

"Our new Rheem 80 Gallon HYRBID water heater"

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@sean-genetry-solar)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9EdA_FC4_Y

One this is for sure this has reduced our energy consumption substantially. Leaving it in energy save mode has really helped out quite a bit.

dochubert
(@dochubert)
Estimable Member

Nice!

The cold air output will probably be nice in the summer, as you are using your basement for a shop.

In winter however, maybe you could duct the cold air output outside?  Its got to be freezing you out down there!  You will probably use up some of your water heater energy savings by running a space heater to keep warm.  Might even be a net loss?

Or maybe duct the cold air into your house inverter?  It'll stay so cool your inverter fans probably won't even come on.  Its a thought.

ReplyQuote
(@waterman)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @dochubert
Nice!

Or it might be used to help operate an ice making machine. One famous inventor was known to flood the inside of his house for an ice skating rink. 😁

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member

Actually,, that is not a bad idea.  I might just upgrade my water heater to the same model, probley a 40gal since I'm liveing by my self, and duct the air to the power room to keep the GS inverts and chargers freezing. Hey Sean, how much power do you think the 6k inverter would go up to if it was super cooled by the water heart AC, and the gs inverter was unlocked?

Cheap hot water, and a cold power room for less then three light bulbs. thats a win, win in my books.

ReplyQuote