PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Understanding Solar...

Notifications
Clear all

Understanding Solar Power Systems.

17 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@notmario)
Reputable Member

If you would be so kind as to post the ASIN numbers of those amazon listings. EPEVER makes quite a few different products.

The only ones i've bothered with are the Tracer series. Which generally have a higher amperage rating (up to 100A), higher max PV voltage (100 to 200v), and come standard with autoswitching 12 to 48v. The higher PV voltage is literally worth it's weight in copper - 12AWG up to 2400W @ 120v.

My solar array is pitch tilting, 90⁰ during winter (sun barely hits the horizon, plus snow) and ~60⁰ during summer. Unbelievably simple, too -- each string [6s wide] is mounted via door hinges on the top to a deck railing, to push them out i use a pair of 2x4 that push against the edge of the deck - the weight of the panels holds the 2x4s in place with no hardware. Has the benefit of having virtually 0 footprint, too.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

simple, too -- each string [6s wide] is mounted via door hinges on the top to a deck railing, 

I use garage door hinges  from home depot  to mount all my solar panels .   The hinge  are very strong  and no problem  with wind .   

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2