PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Hello from Maine

Notifications
Clear all

Hello from Maine

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jhapster)
Topic starter  

Hello: I'm building a new home I started 4/1/21, got moved in by 2/1/22 .... still finishing off some odds and ends and collecting parts for my grid-assist solar/wind system. I've got two PJ 10Kw inverters mounted on the wall and a bank of 8 oddesy PC2250 batteries wired for 48V. Still in the shed I have 16 165W solar panels that I hope to get installed sometime this summer. Future plans also include a wind turbine and perheps a micro hydro generator. Its all electric house with a geo-exchange heatpump and a heatpump water heater. So looking forward to getting some solar power going. 

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

3 hours ago, JHapster said:

Still in the shed I have 16 165W solar panels that I hope to get installed sometime this summer.

curious what the specs on those are??  Also, what you're thinking of for charge controllers?

Most of the full-size panels available these days are in the 250-350W range 😉.

ReplyQuote
(@sean-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Welcome to the forums

ReplyQuote
(@jhapster)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar
curious what the specs on those are?? Also, what you're thinking of for charge controllers?

Yeah, they are kind of old now, I had them left over from an old job where the customer refused them because they came out with higher watt ones before I delivered them to him. So I've kept them in storage for my retirement house build.... They are Schuco 24V panels, I got them wholesale way back in 2013 of sometime around then...

ReplyQuote