PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

my nephews new gs 6...

Notifications
Clear all

my nephews new gs 6000 w inverter

10 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@bobby-t)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

my nephews new 6000 watt gs inverter is saying overvolt pass through and is flashing blue and purple and beeping

(@bobby-t)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Sid does this mean his main voltage coming into the house is too high ?

ReplyQuote
(@cali-carlos)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @bobby-t

overvolt pass through and is flashing blue and purple and beeping

What does the inverter say the input and output voltages are?

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

my nephews new 6000 watt gs inverter is saying overvolt pass through and is flashing blue and purple and beeping

Flashing blue/purple tells me that the inverter is in AC pass-through mode, with an alarm (not an error, or the LED would be red).  There is no alarm titled "overvolt"; however, there is a "DC Over Volt" alarm, i.e. battery voltage is above the configured OVP setpoints.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Sid does this mean his main voltage coming into the house is too high ?

That alarm would be "Bad AC In Volt", and the inverter would refuse to switch to AC Input (power LED would not be blue/purple).

ReplyQuote
(@cali-carlos)
Trusted Member

@bobby-t this should give you a good idea on what's going on.

Screenshot 20231105 091644 Adobe Acrobat

ReplyQuote
(@bobby-t)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar yes its flashing blue purple again and says ac pass through overvolt, i checked voltage coming in and its 245.6 and that should be an ecceptable voltage so im hoping an adjustment can be made as this has been happenning once every week or so and when it happens ive been just turning main off for awhile and running on battery and then switching back later on hoping incoming voltage drops enough to correct the error

ReplyQuote
(@bobby-t)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@cali-carlos didnt see anything in this that related to my problem but thanks. the incoming voltage that is being passed through inverter is 245.6 and should be ecceptable voltage so im hopiing theres an adjustment somewhere that can be tweeked to eccept the voltage

ReplyQuote
(@bobby-t)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar ok the problem im having is being near the inverter when it happens as its at my nephews place and hes at work so his wife is relaying what inverter is doing so i had her take a picture of screen and send it to me. it is in pass through mode and dc over volt alarm is going off so its going over the perimiters ive set

ReplyQuote
(@cali-carlos)
Trusted Member

Sounds like you either need to raise the OVP A or lower the Bulk Volts under the Cfg,Battery/Charge tab. That alarm is happening because the dc voltage is reaching the OVP A set point possibly due to the Bulk Volts being set higher than that value.

ReplyQuote