PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

12kw inverters

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@ask-first)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

1. Any updates on when these will be available?

2. What is the availability for the 6kw?

(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @ask-first
1. Any updates on when these will be available?

Today's the day to see if I have the 12kw design far enough along to make it work...fingers crossed it'll be good!

6kw inverters are back in stock as of a few days ago.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Today's the day to see if I have the 12kw design far enough along to make it work

I  see youtube  the 4 ton heat pump  running  as I  know  it will   months ago .   Was the problem  that the  neutral wire was not connected  or  some bad parts on the first main board ?   I   will buy  your 12kw  GS  inverter  next year  as  summer is over .   Powerjack  can only  run my heat pump  one  hour and need to cool down 2 hours  so it is not  useable  for most people  to  run a heat pump .    Thank you  for all   the videos    .      

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @dickson
Was the problem that the neutral wire was not connected or some bad parts on the first main board ?

Almost 100% certainty that it was bad FETs.  Plus some minor tweaking of the FET gate circuit.  There is no logical reason for why the (doubled) Neutral wire could have caused the failure.

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Almost 100% certainty that it was bad FETs

Thank you for your  reply .   I  have many bad FETs from ebay  and if one is bad all  24  also  blew up  .   Also  if one resistor  on a mosboard  is bad then  all  24  also blew up .  This  happen on  my 15kw  but not on  8kw powerjack  where I only  need replace one mosboard  .   My  mainboard  burn black on the  backside  just like your  video show .  One  time I  had the neutral  wire  disconnected  and  the  power to the house shut  down automatically    but the  powerjack  still run ok  and all the  FETs  still  good  .

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member

You know, you just probley explain why my master GS is being called sparky right now.  Sid, would being that I'm trying to charge my batts from grid, and the master gs is tied into my breaker box  with nutrual being open cause a looping effect which causes a spark and trips the breaker?  cause when I used to charge the batts, this was before I had the two GS Tied into the breaker.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

I need to look at your system via video call sometime, it'll probably be pretty obvious what's going on ;-).  I would not expect an open neutral to cause a problem--not with 120v single-phase inverters that yours are set up for.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member

I need to get back on fixing the batteries, just I'm out of gas on fooling with it, since was having so much issue, it kind of zap the fun out of it.  I don't know which way to go, or what to do with what I got, and buing already built batteries is out of the question.  I'm tmepted to run one gs on the 6 lead batts I have and then run the other off what I can geather up that works for the time being just to get it back up and running with little to no issue.

I was going to try to do the blancers, but can't find the silicon insulators that I bought, so going to have to reorder those unless I can just use them without one since its going to be one blanacer per heat sink any how.

the only prob of spliting the battery bank is if one side goes down, like the slave, then the master would be having to handle the load and probley would trip if I'm pulling too much power.

So, right now, I don't know. *throwing hands up the air*  RIght now I'm running with my head chopped off, getting thing sin order, dealing with my health, and everything else that could go on. . .  I was jumping on here to get Sid addy, so going to send that remote.

I'm off, and I'm crazy. . .  *Laughs*

ReplyQuote
(@thebutcher)
Reputable Member

Question for Sid regarding 12k vs current limiting.  Are you able to take a snapshot of the waveform when current limiting is applying?  I'm curious (for no particular reason than curiosity) as to what happens with the AC wave, ie is the peak falling back to reduce current while holding a still pretty sinusoidal wave or is the wave just being mangled, big distortion on the crests etc, that sort of thing.

Good to see you got the 12k stable.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @thebutcher
Question for Sid regarding 12k vs current limiting. Are you able to take a snapshot of the waveform when current limiting is applying? I'm curious (for no particular reason than curiosity) as to what happens with the AC wave, ie is the peak falling back to reduce current while holding a still pretty sinusoidal wave or is the wave just being mangled, big distortion on the crests etc, that sort of thing.

Was watching it on the on-screen inverter LCD 'scope during tests...it starts to cut the peak of the AC output wave to zero.  So yes, it causes severe distortion to the AC output wave. 

On the battery current 'scope channel, it literally flat-lines the battery current exactly at the threshold.  Really kinda funny to see.

HOWEVER...keep in mind that the current limit should ideally be set somewhere below the maximum current of the FETs--it is not intended to be a regular part of inverter operation.  The purpose of the current limit is to protect the FETs from exploding.  Most conservative maximum current of the FETs in the 12kw should be (108A * 11 = 1,188A * 55v) = 65,340W...far beyond the power required to start that big A/C unit.  (Obviously, for 24v, that'd be half that, i.e. 32,670W FET max.)  For now, we just have the current limit set lower to guarantee that the FETs are safe; after determining actual limits, it can be set higher.

ReplyQuote