PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Feature Request on the WiFi Gs Web Site.

14 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

1.  Daily, Weekly, and Monthly advrage usage.

2.  Maybe a way to download a history spread sheet showing the data points.

3.  Peak hour useage, this might require a way to set the time, not sure if that is in the system or not.

4.  Since my setup is a two GS 120, Have a way to assign if its leg 1 or leg 2, so that way the output of the data points will show this.

5. Someway to give Sid some Cookies. . .

(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Also would like a button to run the fans for 1 mintue instead of a 3 second burst. 

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @the-blind-wolf
1. Daily, Weekly, and Monthly advrage usage.

These all would require remote server / end-user application.  There is no RTC (real-time clock) in use in the inverter, the processors are very low-power, and memory (storage) is very limited.  Putting a database (to store data points) on the cloud server will significantly increase hosting costs due to increased memory requirements.  Not to mention the drastically increased processing requirements--requiring a bigger server (higher costs)...

Since my setup is a two GS 120, Have a way to assign if its leg 1 or leg 2, so that way the output of the data points will show this.

Also remote server / end-user application requirement, not an inverter function.  I can update the custom standalone HTML page for you to display both inverters as such.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Maybe Rev C needs to have a intel or amd 133mhz cpu?  I mean I know Nasa I think is done buying them all up for the space race. . .

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Memory? I mean come on.  you can buy edo memory dirt cheap these days. . . *evil Grin*  Oh wait, that is why you want to build that so called hush, hush project, the Central GS Unit.  Thats right. geesh need to hurry up on that and soon.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Maybe Rev C needs to have a intel or amd 133mhz cpu? I mean I know Nasa I think is done buying them all up for the space race. . .

I know we slangly call the main processor in the GS inverter a "CPU", but it isn't.  It's an MCU (microcontroller unit); adding a 133MHz CPU would greatly increase the no-load power consumption.

Thats right. geesh need to hurry up on that and soon.

Currently working on the full GS-designed inverter board part (hoping to submit the prototype order here in a few days)...then need to fix bugs, add features in the code...then write the GS inverter owner's manual....then work on projects around the house...then...

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

I thought you already submitted 9 prototypes already? ? ?  Geeshm did you cokme up with 9 more?

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

What is 

TH3 TR means?  Trime Reality?

its the hottest thing in the inverter.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

TH3 = thermistor channel #3, and I labeled it "TR" = Transformer.  TH2 = thermistor channel #2, and it's on the FETs ("MOS").

So your inverter has 4 specific temperature sensors (and one ambient temp sensor); 2 of them are on the transformer, and 2 on the FETs.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

I thought you already submitted 9 prototypes already? ? ? Geeshm did you cokme up with 9 more?

No, they're in the ordering cart.  Working on refining the designs, making sure I've gotten them as good as I can before paying the big bucks to get them ordered.  Looks like I'll need to add at least 1 more design to the cart--technically should add 2, though....make that 11 designs.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well it shows that, then the next one shows transformer, so was checking.  So I'm guessing the TP TR is the o ne under the transformer, and the transformer is on the outside 

ReplyQuote
(@kuhrd)
Trusted Member

Having a standalone system for storing and monitoring all of the data from the inverter like a raspberry pi or similar would be a far better solution than putting any more thinking sand into the inverter as it has one major job and it needs to do it well.  I like the idea that Sid and others have discussed about having one centralized monitoring and logging system that puts all the data together.  That device could host an encrypted webserver page so that all of your data is at your fingertips without the inverter, charge controllers home energy monitor or anything else in the system relying on it to perform their function.  Even if that system is a low power computer running a full fat desktop OS.

ReplyQuote
(@davidh)
Eminent Member

A strange concept.:.

When a customer buys an inverter, they could register for a cloud account and have data uploaded automatically to their account.

It could be something as simple as Google drive, update a spreadsheet with data on various tabs, then the first tab could be the rolled up summary of statistics.

if the customer does not supply credentials into the inverter, no centralized trending reports.

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @davidh
A strange concept.:.

Current plans are to try to integrate the full Genetry Solar platform so there's a single login account for the website, forum and cloud account...that's a start.

Logging data on the GS server does pose a small challenge: namely, it requires scalable processing ability (to collect the data) and increasing storage (to store the data)--neither of which are free.  Most companies that offer "free" storage do so because they monetize the data they collect...but we don't have any plans to sell any customer info.  Don't like the companies that do.

However, it would be entirely feasible for a customer-side solution, where they can run a (free) tool that subscribes to the inverter data, and runs a local log on their computer.  Could easily be dumped into a CSV file or the like with a timestamp for each data log.

ReplyQuote