PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Victron GX Integration

19 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@curtis)

NotMario i am really interested in having a GS talk to cerbo. I have ran several victron systems and like cerbo and vrm. I really like victrons bms and mppt with the cerbo / vrm monitoring the ability a GS inverter work with cerbo would be great. 

What do protocol should I get when ordering GS inverter, what else do i need?

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @curtis
NotMario i am really interested in having a GS talk to cerbo. I have ran several victron systems and like cerbo and vrm. I really like victrons bms and mppt with the cerbo / vrm monitoring the ability a GS inverter work with cerbo would be great.

@notmario built a software bridge via WiFi comms to the GS inverter; I don't have any Victron equipment, so I don't know what physical protocol a Victron system could utilize.  Have to wait for an answer from @notmario 😉.

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Nothing special is needed with a Cerbo. It will communicate to the GS over ethernet/wifi.

This system can be quicky installed using kwindrem's "SetupHelper" mod:  https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper
Need only add the "venus-gs" repo for user "iNotMario". Then you have to edit the "service/run" file to use the IP of your GS unit. (Or you can fork the "venus-gs" repo)

Be aware that your router should always give your GS the same IP address. (OR you can elect to use DNS when editing the service file described above)

ReplyQuote
(@notmario)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

At this point, i generally consider the module to be production functional - i've been running it continuously for many months now.

Here's the system running with GUIMods.

Also, the Node-Red system i've mentioned in another thread - keeps the battery ready for solar power.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2