PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Inverter reliability

53 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @steve
Repaired aircraft electric equipment

That is neat did you work with any of the Air Force electronics programs or is that civilian aircraft?

I was in the Air Force as E/E (Electrical and environmental systems) in which we were deployed all the time so became allot of other duties. 

That helped me get a field service job and some college time at Valparaiso for Electrical Engineering, which landed me a job working on industrial electrical and PLC programming for 11 years it shifted to allot more programming and database work.  I liked that so I switched to a full time developer job since 2013 and do some industrial electronics as side work now.  I started learning about inverters from Sean's videos a few years ago, I am still learning as I go. 

ReplyQuote
(@steve)
Estimable Member

Civilian job

With some military contracts so both civilian and military aircraft 

ReplyQuote
(@carlos)
Trusted Member

The magic ratio is a factor of 8

In Europe for single phase it’s 230v 50Hz 

32v primary and 256v secondary your final voltage will be 29v primary and 232v secondary. This is how I hand wind all my transformers.

ReplyQuote
(@carlos)
Trusted Member

Also anything over 60v here in Europe at least for marine vessels is not allowed unless everything from batteries to inverters are all certified. Very expensive.

ReplyQuote
(@aquaticslive)
Reputable Member

Posted by: @steve
Civilian job

Couple of my retired friends of mine are doing contract work now.  They got their 20 years with an A&P cert so now getting the USAF paycheck and have new jobs.  One guy is in Jacksonville working on training rigs and the other in Saudi Arabia working on HH60 Helicopters.  

I have done a couple electrical wire harness rebuilds on Cessnas but don't get into that a whole lot anymore hard to crawl in those holes these days.  Fun stuff though.

ReplyQuote
(@waterman)
Reputable Member

On 8/13/2022 at 10:04 PM, dickson said:

I'd like to see the resumes and other documented technical achievments  .........     

Since I posted   eariler  I  have to say  making and selling  off-grid  inverter  need no resume  as anyone  can do it with parts from China .    IF the inverter is connected to be grid-tie  then a lawyer degree  and a engineering  degree will be helpful in case  of lawsuit  or  user  miss connection  L1  N  L2   and ground  .    I  have a electronic  degree and construction  contractor licence  but I  never want to  fight  with the utility  that have all the power in the USA .   My relative are also lawyers .   I am retired .     BYE .  

School of hard knocks, AA degree, former Maintenance Mechanic for the State of Florida ( If it breaks, fix it/ if it doesn't exist, build it/ if it never has existed, design it/ if it exists but doesn't do the job as needed, modify it and all other assigned duties across all fields( electrical, electronics, construction, welding, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC )) , certified Detroit 71 series engine overhaul/tuneups, OSHA Operations Level First Responder, Chief Operator for Pump Stations ( Flood Control ), crew member on a private railroad passenger car, qualified as crew member by Seaboard Systems Railroad to operate on the local branch as Diesel Engineer, Fireman, Conductor, CDL holder till 2 years ago. Dad served 25 years in the Navy in the electronics field and 18 years with the local power company so that is where I got my basics from. And I too am retired and it will be 20 years this year,

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

I  retired for 19 years and still  do roofing  as side job  and  off-grid  inverter is just for  fun  to see it  works  and make  power .    I am  afraid   to   do anything the utility company  do not like  and  now   every    thing  to the grid must be  UL Listed  and need  expensive permit  in my city .    A   10000 dollars fine to  people  who do not listen to the utility  company .     

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @waterman
School of hard knocks, AA degree, former Maintenance Mechanic for the State of Florida ( If it breaks, fix it/ if it doesn't exist, build it/ if it never has existed, design it/ if it exists but doesn't do the job as needed, modify it and all other assigned duties across all fields( electrical, electronics, construction, welding, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC )) , certified Detroit 71 series engine overhaul/tuneups, OSHA Operations Level First Responder, Chief Operator for Pump Stations ( Flood Control ), crew member on a private railroad passenger car, qualified as crew member by Seaboard Systems Railroad to operate on the local branch as Diesel Engineer, Fireman, Conductor, CDL holder till 2 years ago. Dad served 25 years in the Navy in the electronics field and 18 years with the local power company so that is where I got my basics from. And I too am retired and it will be 20 years this year,

I think you need just a few more hats on your head, you're 1-2 shy of a full load 🤪😎

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4