PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account with the previous forum, it has been ported to the new Genetry website!
You will need to reset the password to access the new forum. Click Log In → Forgot Password → enter your username or forum email address → click Email Reset Link.

Notifications
Clear all

Unable to wash clothes with my GS.

151 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@cali-carlos)
Trusted Member

10 hours ago, The Blind Wolf said:

Alos I sort of did a 3 minute dryer run, and well looks like I need to see about getting a dryer that don't suck!!!!!. dang over 300a to run that thing. If that was running and my ac was going, I would almost max out my system

I accidentally did a dryer run on my new GS-6000-48-240SP courtesy of my wife 😅 and only noticed because my 2.5 ton ac unit kicked on and dimmed my lights more than usual, checked the load and saw just over 6kw. Was very impressed that the ac was able to kick on with the dryer pulling nearly 4kw, just goes to show the surge capability of these units.

I have a 7 year old front load LG washer and it didn't seem to mind the inverter. The only thing I've noticed that doesn't like the inverter sometimes are my grid-tied micro inverters

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @dickson
going to work on my battery bank and more solar.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing, though might consider on upgradeing to a heatpump dryer one day.  As far as headways, I have several of them in the system, and never had one issue with them, they always stay in balance and never get hot and always perform as they should I had more issue with 2170 cells then any other.  So yeah I'll stick with headway. since battery hook up has those beast packs for 24v.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar
What were the errors?

I think they are the same issue as low what ever the last one is, I didn't look.  I figured  it was the same issue, its always doing it seem like when its under a load.  My AC was running every time it did it.  and I noticed the slave inverter always showing lower voltage then the master. but, I never pay attitntion to that as its a outright lier on my html since I can check the outlet and get a way better reading.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @cali-carlos
I accidentally did a dryer run on my new GS-6000-48-240SP courtesy of my wife 😅 and only noticed because my 2.5 ton ac unit kicked on and dimmed my lights more than usual, checked the load and saw just over 6kw. Was very impressed that the ac was able to kick on with the dryer pulling nearly 4kw, just goes to show the surge capability of these units.

Yeah, well I'm running two 6k gs for a 240v system.  So I got plenty of power, though either way. if the ac had kicked on when I did that dryer run which I had shut off just for saftey I would have had my battery bank melt down litterly.  over 00a at that moment was over the max output I could do.  Next week I should be able to do 500a run with no issue, maybe 600a.  I just redid some of my cables and added and remove some cables and now I don't have any cables heating up like I was just running the AC and ICe maker with everything else going.   I'm trying to figure out what battery switch to use for my system so I can shut down each battery set down, since useing one master switch seems to have a major resistance to it even though its rated over 400a.  Most batt switch I'm seeing are rated for 100a.

Why is it that Negative side is always the side that gets the hottest, makes me think that its the one that handles all the power, or could it be that the battery cells are not able to absorb that amp return?

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  
Posted by: @sid-genetry-solar
Next major revision control board will not be completely backwards compatible...but it will utilize a 96MHz 32-bit ARM-core CPU.

Oh please, oh please send me the two boards on those new arm cpu, I would be glad to be your ginny pig, I bet my washer would thank you so, so much. being a Arm Strong GS!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@dickson)
Noble Member

Why is it that Negative side is always the side that gets the hottest, makes me think that its the one that handles all the power, or could it be that the battery cells are not able to absorb that amp return?

DANGER  . ....   Unless the negative  side has loose cable  or bad  crimp  or loose busbar  .      Need  DC switch  and DC fuse or DC breaker for protection .        

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @the-blind-wolf

Power always has to make a full loop--any power going through the Negative side also goes through the Positive side.

The only difference between the two generally has to do with corrosion.  But power unfortunately doesn't magically disappear in a circuit.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Hmmm. Yeah, its a wash out.  

ReplyQuote
(@steve)
Estimable Member

I just got a new direct drive LG washer and it's flawless on my GS12

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @steve

I just got a new direct drive LG washer and it's flawless on my GS12

I personally have a Maytag Bravos XL (direct-drive)...no issues whatsoever, and that's with a GS A.1 control board in an ad-hoc "upgrade PJ" chassis inverter with a custom transformer!  I did eventually start having issues with a previous (belt-drive "smart") washing machine, but that's because the main controller got Alzheimers and forgot how to run a spin cycle.  Which is precisely the reason that I got that washing machine for free...

Apparently some washing machines are beyond ridiculously persnickety--there's even a forum thread on the Victron community about a washer refusing to work with Victron inverters. 
Personally, I spent over an hour on a video call trying to diagnose the issue with @the-blind-wolf.  Best I can tell is that it's extremely sensitive to line drop when the motor switches on.  Grid systems are usually under large load (and/or sized for very large loads), so a 300W surge of a direct-drive washer switching on and off doesn't result in much of a line voltage change. 

But on an inverter system (especially with a 24v lead-acid bank), there's a lot more intrinsic sag in the power to said 300W load.  Like discussed elsewhere, the only solution I'm aware of for this issue is to figure out some way to make the GS inverters adapt their regulation to the environment--because maybe if the "sag" is shorter in duration, the washer won't protest.  (No guarantees.)  But seriously now, that thing's extremely difficult!  (If a 240v air conditioner was on and pulling >3kw, the washer was less likely to trip out--but that's because the battery bank was under a solid load, reducing the "significance" of the washer's motor surges.)

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah. can we get a different fourm layout, this one is well so bad, its not even funny. . .

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

@sid-genetry-solar Uhm, I do not use lead acid batteries at all. all my batts are LFO

ReplyQuote
(@sid-genetry-solar)
Member Admin

Posted by: @the-blind-wolf

Yeah. can we get a different fourm layout, this one is well so bad, its not even funny. . .

Apparently a lot worse for screen readers than I realize.
I have a lot to learn about accessibility.  We're not at all opposed to different forum layouts--but the underlying forum engine has to remain WpForo.  Fortunately, it's highly customizable.

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, its hard to describ, but its like there is no headings and any new post isn't showing on the main screen  either.  There are guide lines for web site makeing for accessibility users.  Just don't fall into the trap that you need to add a plug in to the web site to make it all work, thats a big no, no. you don't need to use a add on plug in, since we do not want to create any backdoors 😛

ReplyQuote
(@the-blind-wolf)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

The saga continues. . .  Just got my two GS back on the wall wired up and with one battery bank for small testing.  The washer was running good at filling up, but I heard a few quick twitches, then the washing started and I have to say, I though I was on the grid still, the motor was running smooth, however, it was still tripping the relay in the washer almost every few seconds.  This was just all the 120v going, no 240v load going as I didn't have all my batts hooked up, wanted to make sure we was good before throwing a big load at the gs.  But either way its some what of a improvment with the newer fet  boards and sid adding better filters I think he said to the control board.

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 11